X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hara Kiri Movie

the trailer is up for the remake of Hara Kiri. THe original is one of my favourite Samurai films.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...dent/harakiri/

I got the DVD for Father's Day this weekend [along with Super 8, a t-shirt, Dave Gorman's new book, socks, pants and a massive Toblerone - not sure what I did to deserve all this though] haven't watched it yet though.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what the remake is like. I watched the original again about a year ago and it really held up -- mostly because it is a taut psychological thriller, rather than an action flick. The director of the remake -- Takashi Miike -- is no slouch himself when cranking up the psychological tension (one of the creepiest movies of all time, "Audition") so it'll be interesting to see what he's done with this source material.

Comment

I went to the Premier at the Sydney Film Festival (Was at a dinner where the curator overheard my GF talking about Batto and he gave me free tickets!). It's really long and filmed in a very traditional, theatre method - most action takes place in single rooms etc.

The beginning is pretty brutal and unexpected - I was sure someone hurled in the cinema!

There isn't a huge amount of sword work but the last scene is worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
        X