X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code words

Maybe a question for Hamish and Alex, but I'm curious about the new flamin' folders. I've trying but I can't for the life of me work out in some of them what has set the thread to register flame content. Is it automated or at the discretion of the moderator? For instance I couldn't find anything in the thread for "Lower Body Exercises" that read like a flame.

If I say "arse" here, will this one go up? What about "bloody buggery bastard"? Or maybe: "I hate George W Bush because he is a puppet of the military-industrial complex who should be deposed"?

What's that clicking sound on the line..? Hello? Hello? Who's there...

b

by ben

If I say "arse" here, will this one go up? What about "bloody buggery bastard"? Or maybe: "I hate George W Bush because he is a puppet of the military-industrial complex who should be deposed"?
    Hear, hear...I agree...down with the oppress...wuh..AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! It's Edger J. Hoover and the Gestapo freaks!!!....

Comment

The fiery envelope means more than 15 replies or 150 views, reading by the legend at the botton of the index page

Comment

Yeah I had a look alex, but I'm not clear that that's what it means. I mean, they've had specific icons for large threads for ages. Why suddenly give them flames now?

I still reckon it's content-related, not size-related.

b

Comment

The burning envelopes indicates a hot topic and thus the burning icon. So far, this thread has a nice blue icon and 65 views. I'm gonna refresh this thread until I hit 150 and see if it changes.

Here I go...

Comment

Well, it seems the icon does change once it hits 150 views but not immediately to the burning icon. See attached image:

Can you tell it's Friday morning? I better get some work done
            Attached Files

Comment

Alex and Ian are right, it depends on the number of views or replies, which I think I'll increase.

When I get some time I tend to start tweaking stuff, and I've got a big list, so it takes me a bit of time to get round to things, hence the sudden change!

Hamish

Comment

Given that "flame" has a pretty specifically negative meaning in the online world, I always think something's wrong when I see these threads.

Pity though, I was all primed for some sinister subtext...

b

Comment

Nah, sorry to disappoint, maybe I should've kept you guessing...

Comment

Working...
                  X