X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew Lagden
    All true - plus kendo isn't done in the freezing cold, nor overseen by some demented sadist who was kicked out of the army for being too cruel....
    Heh - never done kangeiko have you?

Comment

This is my first post on these forums, so I'll take a quick moment to introduce myself. I'm Lionheart, I'm a student from the states and a big fan of Kendo.

Other than practicing Kendo, I'm involved in intermural sports here at school, (Softball, Football and Volleyball) and enjoy lifting weights.

There, that wasnt so bad for a newbie poster. ^_^

Comment

I do a lot of martial arts, but moreso because it just sort of happened that way than because those are the only things I enjoy.

I kickbox once a week, play judo once a week, and kendo once or twice a week. Oh, and iaido, which I need to make more time for. If I had more time, I'd like to swim, and I love racquet ball and baseball.

Hey, Lewis, can you expand this? I just turned 30 and I never heard this before!

"As a general note to the younger people, once you reach 30, you really need to do some kind of regular weight training or you will lose strength, muscle mass, and bone density. You'll also be much more prone to injuries. The reason why I mention it is because it happens REGARDLESS of whether you remain active in kendo, cycling or whatever. If you're in your 30s and it feels like you just keep getting worse no matter how much you practice, that's the reason."

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Lagden
          All true - plus kendo isn't done in the freezing cold, nor overseen by some demented sadist who was kicked out of the army for being too cruel....
          heh, Oh I don't know..I think every good kendo sensei is at least part sadist

Comment

Working...
          X