X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Circles Shoppers

Aside from troubles using their website can any of you out there tell me which hakama and keikogi you bought from them.

The Korean version of both is almost half the price of the other.

KEIKOGI
    single layer cotton blue (Korea) 18
    single layer indigo dyed 49

This will be my first set of hakama and keikogi so a liitle input from UK shoppers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

is there an alternative to ninecircles?!

Comment

http://www.fudoshin.co.uk/catalog/default.php

Comment

come on come on there has to be some of you out there who used ninecircles and can answer my questions!

Comment

Haven't bought dogi and hakama from them but I have bought bogu, shinai and bo from them.

They have been good to me and I haven't found any problems with their site.

However, I tend to call them as well.

Comment

Ninecircles

Hi

Ive bought quite a bit of gear from them and its all very good
            I dont have trouble with their web site & you can always phone
            Being practising budoka themselves they provide a good service

single or double layer depends on your budget and expectations

If this is your fist set of gear, id reccomend getting the cheaper kit

Its a sad fact that many people give up Kendo soon after buying all their gear so it makes little sense to buy top end gear at the outset (even people who swaer blind theyll do kendo for life pack it in as well :-)

the cheaper kit will do just fine for a year by which time you will know what expensive kit to buy & where to get it from

same with bogu - there is no point buying the most expensive when as a beginner you wont need the extra features

hope this helps

cheers

Phil..

Comment

Originally posted by regularyojimbo
              Aside from troubles using their website can any of you out there tell me which hakama and keikogi you bought from them.

The Korean version of both is almost half the price of the other.

KEIKOGI
              single layer cotton blue (Korea) 18
              single layer indigo dyed 49

This will be my first set of hakama and keikogi so a liitle input from UK shoppers would be appreciated.

Thank you.
              I always buy single layer cotton blue (Korea) from Nine circles, and it looks just as good as a double layer.

No doubt people will sing the virtues of double/triple/quadruple layer #7,000,000 type indigo hakama's but I think a lot of its prestige.

The blue single layer does not lose its colour very quickly and goes into a washing machine and comes out the same size (the colour will run slightly so dont wash your girlfriends white gi with it )

Plus:
              I always but the tetron black hakama used for Iai (from nine circles too) for my Kendo as well because it is stay-creased (ironing reduced to 0) and washes no problem.

cheap does not always mean nasty... I choose these because I prefer them.....

Plus the money saved can be put towards an extravagant Do

Paulo

Comment

Working...
              X