X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff leather

Is there anyway of speeding up the "softening" process which bogu must go through in order to get confortable?
    I'm currently breaking in a new bogu and the leather is incredibly stiff and uncomfortable, especially with regards to the men (my ears still hurt and somtimes I have difficulty raising my arms because of the stiffness in the flaps). I even thought about briging it home and leaving it in the bathroom while I shower (in order to speed up the "moistening" process).

Any suggestions?

Hmmnnn, I never had that problem with my ears and the MEN...then again I did play in the forwards for rugby.

I would try bending it like you do with the tare.

Comment

Men: tie the men wings in front of the megane after use with the men himo. Otherwise bend them manually.

Kote: hold the fist portion and rotate it with your hand, slowly.

Otherwisde, it'll eventually come to be as confortable as bogu can get.

Comment

Originally posted by alexpollijr
        Men: tie the men wings in front of the megane after use with the men himo. Otherwise bend them manually.
        I find that when you do this you should make sure that the bend that you are making in the "men wings" are in line with your jaw so that when the bends become more permanent, they will be in the right place. Once you do this, I find that if you wet the bend with a little water, it is more likely to stay put.

Comment

AlexM,

There is a thread titled "Type of Bogu" somewhere in the forum which should have some of the information you are seeking.

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...=&threadid=212
          Last edited by akihiro; 18th September 2002, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the advice people. Its much appreciated.

Comment

I found that getting your tenagui wet before putting on the men helps the men get wet during practice. This allows it to form to your head shape during practice. Then when you get home, tie it up to let it dry.

Comment

Working...
              X