X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukio Mishima

Just curious what people thought about the author Yukio Mishima and his seppuku? I was reading the thread on seppuku and he is the last person i can think of to have done it, or at least to so have publicly done it. which i would also be interesed to know how often it still occurs, if ever.
    I was also thinking of picking up one of his books, does anyone have an opinion on his writing?

If you read his books you'll understand why. If you haven't read any of his work, what did you base 'he is the last person I can think of ...' on? He was in love with a certain ideal, he wasn't really a rightist, but used it for his own ends.

Highly recommended!!

Hamish

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish
      If you read his books you'll understand why. If you haven't read any of his work, what did you base 'he is the last person I can think of ...' on? He was in love with a certain ideal, he wasn't really a rightist, but used it for his own ends.

Highly recommended!!

Hamish
      Well I'm familier with the story of how he died and some of the events surrounding it, and his political ideology, but I've never read any of his works. as far why he's the last person I can think of that committed seppuku publicly like that, well i just don't know of anyone else after him to have done something like that. that's why i was cuirious if anyone knew of anyone after Mishima to have done it.
      But now it looks like i'll have to pick up a copy of something of his. did you have a favorite?

Comment

Waves

Sound of Waves...?

Comment

Working...
        X