Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should the allowance be?

Hi Folks,

Just got the bogu set. Was wondering how much allowance between armour and body is considered ideal?

1 At kote - between hands and inside of kote?
    2 At Doh - between doh and side of body?
    3 At tare - how long should the tare protector be (ie. should it touch the knees?)

Thanks All!

Alan.

Best way is to go by a sizing chart, and purchase from there.

http://www.e-bogu.com/category_s/172.htm

Comment

I say best way is to contact the company you order from and ask what measurements they want you to send in with your order. Rather than opps and misread a sizing chart, not that you would, but rather than risk it, send them all the measurements they ask for. They'll get you gear that fits well using the measurements they ask for.

Comment

What you like

[QUOTE=Alan]Hi Folks,

Just got the bogu set. Was wondering how much allowance between armour and body is considered ideal?

Not much, they should fit. There's some space between the underarm and the upperhalf of the kote (you can fit another wristprotector in).

Few cm's, if it's to tight a doh strike will hurt more.

3 At tare - how long should the tare protector be (ie. should it touch the knees?)
        Think they are all pretty much the same (haven't seen longer/shorter ones at my dojo, maybe for the kids'. Anyway the knees or a little above is ok, you can arange that your self by tighing it a little higher.

Thanks All!

Best Regards,

Louis
        www.uiteindhoven.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Alan
          Was wondering how much allowance between armour and body is considered ideal?

Without seeing you, I can't tell. Ask your sensei if it looks right. If it doesn't, return for exchange.
          In any case, here are my answers.
          1 kote hand section fits like a mitten, cuff is a little loose so I can angle my wrists
          2 doh is slightly loose so it doesn't press on both sides.
          3 tare does not touch the knees but is close.

Comment

Working...
          X