X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 60 toughest sports are...

I came across this list earlier today and thought it would go over well with the kendo crowd...

The top 60 toughest sports are...

Take a look its interesting!
    Last edited by Nishi; 2nd August 2004, 09:33 AM.

Wow, that's interesting. That's definitly the rank it deserves. But, I'm a little curious about some of the gradings the Martial Arts category got, like a 5.00 out of 10 in Endurance, or a 5.88 in Strength.

Comment

Badminton is easier than volleyball? You kidding me?

Comment

Hmm, interesting site.

But grouping "martial arts" together as one is sort of like listing football, baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc. as "ball sports."

And who knows which martial arts they picked? I wonder if they averaged the endurance and flexibility ratings of, say, kendo, karate, aikido & tai chi.

Comment

Originally posted by not-I
          Hmm, interesting site.

But grouping "martial arts" together as one is sort of like listing football, baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc. as "ball sports."

And who knows which martial arts they picked? I wonder if they averaged the endurance and flexibility ratings of, say, kendo, karate, aikido & tai chi.

Or kyudo :-)

Comment

I think that the martial arts section would be Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do. They are similar in physical attributes and are the most common martial arts practices in the US (assuming that this is where the study was based). For all we know, they could have grouped Kendo with the Fencing, which I doubt. But for the most part, I do agree with the ratings.

Comment

how can someone consider fishing a sport? i mean, the biggest skill there is in fishing that is needed is waiting for the fish to bite the bait.

~taganahan

Comment

Originally posted by taganahan
                how can someone consider fishing a sport? i mean, the biggest skill there is in fishing that is needed is waiting for the fish to bite the bait.

~taganahan
                Or super fast skills if you do it by hand...
                I'd really like to try bow-fishing, looks like better than normal fishing. Plus you get get super big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by taganahan

~taganahan
                  But...you have to be able to curl 12 ounces for hours at a stretch. It's not for the timid or faint of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea
                    But...you have to be able to curl 12 ounces for hours at a stretch. It's not for the timid or faint of heart.
                    ...Or not for people who get bored easily, like me. I find it easier to keep concentrating when theres a shinai speeding towards my head...

I don't think they should've grouped martial arts together, as they can be quite diverse....

Comment

ive been given the analogy before, that swinging a shinai is like casting a fishing rod, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478
                        I think that the martial arts section would be Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do. They are similar in physical attributes[snip]
                        How the heck are judo and karate similar? I think you'd have better luck taking the ratings for wrestling if you want a take on judo. I suspect "martial arts" refers to some sort of generic amurrican kurotty.

Comment

I find it weird that "Martial Arts" is lumped together as one category, but that there are three separate categories for "Rodeo".

Comment

lol, I didn't notice that!

Comment

I don't see how Rodeo is below Football (soccer)!

I can't imagine mr. Beckham trying to wrestle a bull, he might break a nail...

Comment

Working...
                              X