X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo Equipment Store in Seoul?

Hey, does anyone know of a store in Seoul or KwaChun that sells equipment? Have been trouble finding one...

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the office is in Seoul but her is the telephone office to the Korean Office for EMudo and the website address. Sorry I would tell you the address in Korea but I can't read Korean.

E Mudo
    www.e-mudo.com
    Email:kendo@e-mudo.com
    Korea Office
    TEL:82-2-493-1710
    Fax:82-2-493-1711

Comment

Kendo/kumdo shops in South Korea

Originally posted by GrandCentral9
      Hey, does anyone know of a store in Seoul or KwaChun that sells equipment? Have been trouble finding one...

Thanks!

Hello there, this maybe a late reply, but I just had this moment to browse this forum just now and havent done so in awhile, If your in South Korea now heres some info on looking for a kendo/kumdo shop in Seoul or Kwachun,if your not is SK then just check the websites.., Kwachun if that is the one in gyeong-gi-do or kyung-gi- do(경기도), then you could try Sehyun, address - 광명 7 313-1, 광명시 , 경기도 , 대한민국or just check their website at http://sehyun-kumdo.com (they have an English language option, no probs). As for in seoul I know a bunch of places, but currently dont have all the info addresses of the shops I know, but I do have 2 right now, I have one business card of one kumdo shop in seoul right now, if your in Seoul right now, write this in a paper or print it, hop in a cab and show it to the cab driver(easiest way for you to get there too) 서울중구을지 7 58-2 Tel# (02) 2279-8116 (the shop is called Woo-Chang Sports Kumdo Mall the website is http://kumdomall.com its in Korean and the last time I checked this site, it didnt have an English language option at their website). Theres a lot of good kumdo shops at the dongdaemun area in Seoul, and I know, there is this quite newly opened small branch shop of Sehyun , they dont have all the products there available but they still got quite a selection I dont remember the exact address, but its very easy to find, take the Subway in Seoul get off at the station Dongdaemun Stadium and go out Exit 11 and do not mistake the 2 stations of Dongdaemun and Dongdaemun stadium they are 2 different stations. Once you get out of the station and still cant find Sehyun ask around the local people Sehyun is a known kumdo brand/company a lot of people know it, note though that english is not the forte for most Korean people. Just say - sehyun kumdo kage odi-eyo? (where is sehyun kumdo store?).

And just in case you dont know what is kumdo,(written as 검도)its the same as kendo its just their way of saying it or rather korean translation.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by Nazo; 23rd August 2004, 02:30 AM. Reason: just some font probs

Comment

Thanks Nazo! I was in China for the past few days, but now that I'm back in Korea, i'll definitely check out the shops. My friends were telling me that dongdaemoon was probably the place to go, and it looks like they were right. Have you shopped at any of the stores before?

Comment

.......on shopping in dongdaemun kumdo shops

Originally posted by GrandCentral9
          Thanks Nazo! I was in China for the past few days, but now that I'm back in Korea, i'll definitely check out the shops. My friends were telling me that dongdaemoon was probably the place to go, and it looks like they were right. Have you shopped at any of the stores before?
          Yeah! I have shopped and visited lots of times,in various kumdo stores in dongdeamun stadium, actually I know alot of shops there for kumdo, but currently dont have their business/shop cards with me right
          now so I cant give you the exact addresses....,but anyways just go to dongdaemun stadium and walk and look around in the surrounding area and you'll find a bunch of kumdo stores around. Oh and dont bother with the shops that cater to mostly with taekwondo, that supply kumdo/kendo equipment too, .....they jack the prices, and theres little choice in selections, and usually of poor quality products. Just go to the specialized kumdo(/kendo) shops. Knowing some or a lot of korean language will be a really great help too!

Comment

Hey Grand Central9 you have any info of kendo shops and clubs in china?

Hey by the way GrandCentral9, since you came from china, I got a question for you. I am going to China in the later months of this year(dont exactly know the exact date yet though).Do you know of any kendo shops in Chonqing, Shanghai and Beijing, and also any kendo dojos or clubs I can check out?!

Comment

Wish I could help you with Kendo in China... I was only there for a couple of days, and I was pretty restricted in terms of where I could go.

Comment

Working...
              X