X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taekwondo in the olympics

I got to see some of the final rounds for men and women. I seems to be a very sloppy contact sport compared to full-contact karate and kick-boxing. It's like the competition version of taekwondo has ruined the martial art version of taekwondo.

Originally posted by Hai_hai
    I got to see some of the final rounds for men and women. I seems to be a very sloppy contact sport compared to full-contact karate and kick-boxing. It's like the competition version of taekwondo has ruined the martial art version of taekwondo.
    I agree with you... it does look very sloppy... it seems like they are just throwing kicks and punches just for the hell of it and hope that they score a point.

Comment

I didn't see taekwondo OR judo on the olympics, for that matter! did you see it on TV, or did you see it elsewhere?

Comment

It would have been interesting to hear what Master Ree would have said about the olympic version of this art. I Myself am a bit dissapointed as to what it has evolved into. I'm an old TKD traditionalist when I was young and flexibe lol.
        I watched the small amount that was shown on TV. Couldn't believe what I saw. What got me most upset was the terrible conduct by a Lightweight when he lost a match. Most discouraging. I'm glad we don't see Kendo in the olympics.

Comment

i saw it for the first time and was very disappointed... it was like the olimpic boxing, but with the feet...

Comment

Originally posted by tapioka
            I didn't see taekwondo OR judo on the olympics, for that matter! did you see it on TV, or did you see it elsewhere?
            I saw it on Telemundo.

Comment

Oh well it ended for Athens and next is Bejing! Can you wait for 2008?

Comment

Anyone know if Kung Fu will be an exhibition event in the Beijing (2008 Olympics)? I've heard rumours that it might be...

Comment

I would heartily support Kung Fu in the olympics if it's in the form of a kata competition and not a contact sport.

Comment

bah..

I agree, it was awful to see. I particularly hated the way they -only- used there hands if they "thought" they scored a point...

Comment

I didn't watch Olympics any more. Since NBC chose what to show you which were most Gymnastics, Tracking, Swimming, and Volley Ball with some of this and some of that and most of the time were for commercials. I am sick of sitting their and wasting my time on their commercial.

Comment

Yeah,
                        I totally agree.
                        Compare Tae Kwon Do competion to Full contact Kyokushin Karate.

But what reallyyyyy bugs me is that they barely ever show Judo on tv!!
                        If I wanted to watch Juod I'd have to stay up all night on a school night, and I can't even see any Australians because Australia sucks at Judo!!!

Comment

this is why we don't want kendo in the olympics...

a lot of people are protesting about holding the next summer olympics in beijing bcuz of the way they treat north korean refugees...

Comment

Litige, your name in Katakana

Totally off the topic, but with the current forum problems this is probably the best place to post.

Anyway, if you are Litige check the following URL.

http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4154673/jonatan.html

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

Comment

Sparring in any martial arts tend to be "sloppy". But then again seeing sloppy kicks swoosh past your head a few times at the blink of an eye certainly gives you new found respect and perspective.

On the other extreme, I've heard karate instructors tell student to never let their heels leave the floor.

Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X