Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts .......

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Kendo so I dunno too much in depth philosophy in Kendo however as I also practice Ving Tsun/Wing Chun, I notice one real close similarity !

Its that Kendo tends to concentrate on the centre line ! on its attack and facing its opponent which Ving Tsun also does. In fact, the centre line theory is the basis of Ving Tsun.

Kendo to me seems a bit like Ving Tsun, the Shinai can be seen as an extension of the arm and sensitivity drills practiced in Ving Tsun may similarly be applied by 'feeling' the opponents shinai for entry into an attack.

Something to think about to all those who practise or had practised Ving Tsun before

Any thoughts ? I may be wrong as I said, I'm only a noob in Kendo.

SAY NO TO DRUGS.

Comment

It s not uncomon to find similarities between different martial arts, but it takes a long term commitment to start any comparison process .What i mean is wait untill you know kendo better then things will be clearer.
      train long and prosper in kendo

Comment

Originally posted by Himura. Kenshin
        Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Kendo so I dunno too much in depth philosophy in Kendo however as I also practice Ving Tsun/Wing Chun, I notice one real close similarity !
        Hsing-Yi is even closer than Wing-Chun on this one...or so I've heard.

Comment

Martial arts similarities

Very good observation! By studying different arts you learn that they are all based on similar concepts. Kinda like religions... different but the same. You will gain comprehension in any art by learning a little about the other arts. In fact you can learn effective strategy by observing high level athletes in non-martial sports. Watch how an NBA guard will fake and then explode to the basket. What if he had a shinai in his hand and was coming at you? Would he throw you off balance?

Comment

Yes especially when a Point Guard throws his elbows into his opponents face. Very good strategy. Damn you guys take this martial too seriously. It should compliment life, not be life.

Comment

Anyone know where you're permitted to think?

I don't know where my head was to discuss the martial arts on a kendo website. Please accept my apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo-Militia
                Yes especially when a Point Guard throws his elbows into his opponents face. Very good strategy. Damn you guys take this martial too seriously. It should compliment life, not be life.

bah , dont tell ppl how to live their life

Comment

tecnicaly martial arts is suposed to be a extesion of your life or says like all of my previous sensei/sihing/sifu/sigung's

Comment

Working...
                  X