X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar Icon -- how do i get one?

I would like an avatar icon for my postings like I see everyone else has. I can not seem to figure out how to do this. Can anybody help?

In the area labelled "User CP", you should be able to change your avatar. Look to the left of the screen, you will see "Edit Avatar". Bear in mind that the picture you use must be a .gif, and must be 50 X 50 pixels or 19kb in size or smaller.

An avatar that you have on your computer can be uploaded by clicking on the "browse" button, and specifying the file you want to upload. If the file is too big, you will receive a response that tells you it's too big.

Comment

Unable to upload an avatar (.gif)

I get to the edit avatar page, but there is no option for uploading a custom .gif off my computer. Could be I need to use MS-Windows and MS-Explorer; I am using Linux and Mozilla browser. All I see on the Edit Avatar page is set of pre-defined .gif avatar images to choose from (nature pics and such).

Comment

Still no way to edit avatar

I am writing this from withing MS-WindowsXP using Internet Explorer, still do not see any option on the Edit Avatar page for uploading a custom avatar; only able to choose from some pretty simple nature avatars.

Comment

I believe you have to have a certain number, like 50, posts before you can upload your own avatar. I'm sorry, I should have replied with that information first.

Comment

+1

Bummer. Thank you for the info. hey at least i now have one more post!

Comment

Originally posted by Shieldwolf
              Bummer. Thank you for the info. hey at least i now have one more post!
              Hi Shieldwolf-San

I use Firefox most of the time (also use IE and Opera as the mood takes me...) and I sometimes find that some of the editing options for signatures etc are not that well presented (except in IE)...

If you want to use an image in your posts before you get sufficient posts to get a customised Avatar, then you can always put it in your signature... although this can irritate some folks if it's too big...

Also, the number of posts seems to vary... some say 50, some 80, some 100... but I have seen some folks with less than 50 posts who have a custom Avatar... Go Figure...!

Still... stick around, participate in loads of threads (you will certainly learn a lot and meet some great people + a few tossers!!!)...

cheers

crabbi

Comment

10 was the magic number for an avatar !

I checked the FAQ and 10 was the number needed to use the Final Fantasy avatars-- interestingly my last post about an avatar was #10. Perhaps at some point I might be able to upload a custom avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Shieldwolf
                  I checked the FAQ and 10 was the number needed to use the Final Fantasy avatars-- interestingly my last post about an avatar was #10. Perhaps at some point I might be able to upload a custom avatar.
                  Yep... just keep responding on the threads... check your User CP from time to time and before you know it you'll be customised!!!

cheers

crabbi

Comment

Working...
                  X