The decline of the Forums....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate. Sodding forum software.
    Last edited by I_am_Cthulhu; 9th December 2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Interestingly, this is the first time I have used the Mobile client. It's actually faster than the Desktop Internet access

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_Cthulhu View Post
        I'd eat your spleen but I'm off the chiante these days.
        Damn you Cthulhu for making me use urban dictionary!

Comment

Now I don't see any issue about this forum

Comment

Oh. I see it took too long to post. My post was duplicated, I have to edit it
            Last edited by hoangbo93; 9th February 2016, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgsmith View Post
              I pass it off as a symptom of the times. Very few people actually want to engage in conversation these days. It's much more about sound bites and quick opinions or links uploaded from people's phones. I think this is why Facebook is so popular right now, because it caters to exactly this sort of interaction. Internet fora require that you actively engage with others, and you can't easily remove your comments if you're wrong, as you can on most places on Facebook.

Just my opinions though.
              I am a member on various forums. Some have become total ghost towns while others are extremely busy with many members constantly posting and replying.
              I think people like still like forums as a place to get information, have conversations and give information. What keeps them going are a lot of members whose interests are common and are able to maintain dialogue on various topics constantly.
              The ghost town forums had members lose interest in one or another. It could be they outgrew the hobby, got married, got kids, started a new hobby, changed jobs, moved to another town, spent more time on a different forum. They had no reason to go that forum anymore.
              Last edited by mochi_pig; 17th March 2016, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Jesus, I leave for two years and come back to the gradual decline of Forum life... I used to LIVE for this forum sometimes... ;(

Comment

Originally posted by Obukan_dude View Post
                  Jesus, I leave for two years and come back to the gradual decline of Forum life... I used to LIVE for this forum sometimes... ;(
                  So ... it's your fault! Good to know who to blame!

Comment

Working...
                  X