No announcement yet.

AJBTV - FINAL EPISODE : ANDY QUITS AJB!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJBTV - FINAL EPISODE : ANDY QUITS AJB!

OK, so I quit my job at AJB... I explain in full in this video, but I'm here until the end of March, after that, I will be starting out some new projects of my own.

I will still be continuing my work in the international Kendo scene, and I will keep releasing video content.

I am also developing a special line of Kendo equipment too, so please keep up to date by liking my Facebook page here -

facebook.com/andyfisherkendo/

Thanks,

Andy

Right, so Andy, I watched that vid and it seems that there was a parting of ways due to perhaps a differing business development view. Just my observation.

In any case, nothing but the best of luck for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
      parting of ways due to perhaps a differing business development view.
      Hi Scott,

Yes that is exactly right. I will be continuing my work on YouTube, and also in the Kendogu field, though I will be doing so on my own - so I will be no longer affiliated to the All Japan brand, or its subsidiaries.

I'll be sure to keep everyone informed

Thanks for your support!

Andy

Comment

*晴らしい捨身、*張ってく*さい!

Comment

I wanted to say "Subarashii Sutemi, Ganbattekudasai!" but as you can see above, KWF still has issues with displaying Japanese characters.
          Last edited by dillon; 27th February 2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Good Luck Andy. I really enjoy your videos.

Comment

Good luck in your future endeavours, Andy.

Having said that, I think being "almost impossible" to get quality gear before Andy got involved is more than a little bit of hyperbole. I've been involved with sourcing gear for my own club for some 20 years now. We somehow managed to get by.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words of support. I appreciate it more than I can let you know.

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                Having said that, I think being "almost impossible" to get quality gear before Andy got involved is more than a little bit of hyperbole. I've been involved with sourcing gear for my own club for some 20 years now. We somehow managed to get by.
                Sorry about this, perhaps I should have been a little more clear. My full quote was -

Originally posted by myself
                With your help, I've been able to help literally thousands of Kendoka around the world, get their hands on top quality Kendo gear. Something that, when I first started out in Kendo, was almost impossible.
                I was trying to express that this was something that was *almost* impossible for me to do when I first started out in Kendo - in other words, my own personal experience (which I believe is similar to many others in several countries around the world) was that there was no contact with quality suppliers. If I wanted *decent* gear, I had to either go through the hassle of trying to contact a supplier in Japan directly - none of which had a respectable website, and wanted order forms by fax or telephone. Or I had to trust someone else to order it for me... Also, shipping took ages, and cost a lot. You can now order a decent Bogu set from Japan or the USA online for less than $500 and, if you are in Europe or the Americas, it could be with you by the end of the week.

Also, I didn't mean to give the impression that it is solely thanks to me that this in now the case. Yes, I have worked hard in order to make it easier than it has ever been. But I didn't do it alone, as I said in the video I have has a lot of support from a lot of people. Further, AJB isn't the only modern supplier to offer online purchasing - nor was it the first - which I regard as a great thing in itself. With the current level of quality and choice, available at your fingertips, now is a great time to take up Kendo, and it is only getting better!

Comment

Working...
                X