Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A moment of Silence

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A moment of Silence

    I would like to ask that we all have a moment of silence for the victems of the London bombings that were carried out.

    When you start to think about it, thats more than 40 peoples point of views that were lost. There are more than 40 peoples ideas, dreams, hopes and aspirations that have been wiped clean. This just goes to show that we need to all live life to the fullest. No matter how much we try to stop evil in this world, there will always be that other person that keeps fighting you, we cant have good without evil. Instead of living in fear, we need to go out and have as much fun as we can, show those assholes that no matter how much they try, they wont be able to beat us.

    Also, this has NOT been getting as much american coverage as it should. CNN decided that they had enough extra time left to talk about how teens are having more sex than in the 90's. Thats disgusting.

    I didnt bothering censoring the word above, and I dont know if thats allowed but I dont really think that it really matters on a day like this. If it does, can one of the mods please inform me?

  • #2
    I think it is political. Here in the god old U.S. of A. Certain groups (mostly the religious Uber-right) have more control over the media and tell stories of things that affect them. One really stupid thing that has been going on in High Schools in the US are the Abstinace-only education that goes as far as to say that you can get AIDS from sweat and kissing. (Becuse of this almost all of the students I know disregard the schools as a acurate source and instead listen to their partner. Not very good for stoping teen pregnancy).

    While what happend in England was a evil attack on the free world since 9/11, they probally don't see it as helping them.

    May I give my condolence to all the victems of that cowardly attack and to their friends and relitaves.

    Comment


    • #3
      Especially CNN (Conservative News Network)

      Comment


      • #4
        CNN vs. FOX

        Originally posted by Gregory
        Especially CNN (Conservative News Network)
        Hey... they are like news gods compaired to FOX (F***ing Odd Xenophobiacs)

        Intrestingly enough, I know some one who watches nothing but war movies and FOX. He is alaways talking about how Vietnam was a brilant idea and how all marxists should die and as a huge, huge Carl Marx, Trotsky and Friedrich Engels fan I really did not like it. (He usally does each 3x/day)

        Comment


        • #5
          Communism is an AMAZING idea. On paper. There is always that one person who want more (me). Communism is God. Stalin gave it a bad name. Why wasn't Lenin included in your list?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gregory
            Communism is an AMAZING idea. On paper. There is always that one person who want more (me). Communism is God. Stalin gave it a bad name. Why wasn't Lenin included in your list?
            Not just Stalin gave it a bad name, all communists did. Just look at North Korea and China now. Though I agree that with communists around, no one besides the government can control stuff. But then, we ain't getting any truth outta it and then ppl will bitch, and then they want democracy. You just can't freaking win

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gregory
              I would like to ask that we all have a moment of silence for the victems of the London bombings that were carried out.

              When you start to think about it, thats more than 40 peoples point of views that were lost. There are more than 40 peoples ideas, dreams, hopes and aspirations that have been wiped clean. This just goes to show that we need to all live life to the fullest. No matter how much we try to stop evil in this world, there will always be that other person that keeps fighting you, we cant have good without evil. Instead of living in fear, we need to go out and have as much fun as we can, show those assholes that no matter how much they try, they wont be able to beat us.

              Also, this has NOT been getting as much american coverage as it should. CNN decided that they had enough extra time left to talk about how teens are having more sex than in the 90's. Thats disgusting.

              I didnt bothering censoring the word above, and I dont know if thats allowed but I dont really think that it really matters on a day like this. If it does, can one of the mods please inform me?
              My own personal feelings toward the news coverage has been that terrorists want as much news coverage as they can get, because the maximum number of people will see what they have done, think "It could happen here!", and will pressure their governments to give in to terrorist demands.

              I regard any anonymous bomber as a coward, because they do not have the moral courage to stand up for their views without having to resort to violence. I regard their leaders, the ones who are exhorting them to suicide bombings, as even bigger cowards. They, who are generally older, send out their young men and women to die for a cause, while the leaders are safely tucked in some hidden location. (Osama and Zarqawi, are you listening?)

              As Gregory has said, we need to continue to live our lives as we have, and not let the tails wag the dogs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lenin let Stalin tag along. Still for a pure marxist state if it is self-regulated their is only one problem.... the followers. Everyone must work as equals. While a self regulation systen can stop the bourgeois from explortation but if people start to support them.. bye bye system. Also, the petty bourgeois is also a intresting group.... capitalistic yet in most cases are harmeless.
                Also, if it is ever going to be used (Canada?) the proletariats must learn that Stalin was a capatilist and exploted many people thus it wasnt a marxist government, being owned by the government is no good since they would have infinate power and mans lust for power will take over.
                Also if Cuba can get world trade It might still blossem into a great marxist place... if they get trade soon cuz it is on death row due to capitilistic america. They used to be a Capitalistic state where the standerds of living were pathetic and poverty was their biggest killer. The government was a pupet government that wase controled by the US and exploited the prople untill they rebbeld (It's hard to beleve that a countryt as free and open as the US would exploit people). If you look at it they only got nukes becuse The US wouldn't trade with them after they took back their land and gave it to the people. In return, the USSR would trade if the could put missels in it in responce to Turkey. They had a missele up their arse and needied a bargining chip.... they only wanted the Turkey missles gone. The US then set up a blockade and threatend to attack Cuba. They Removed the missles after a heated time and the US in return removed theit Nukes in turky but the US still decided to Strangle Cuba. Even with this their are high standerds of living. However, becuse of tourism while officals and teachers are getting paid $5 now taxidrivers and shopkeepers are getting paid $20 thus it real tempting to return to a Capitalist state.

                PS - Would you tell me what form of Communism you are talking about..... their are huge diffrenses. The magor groups are: (my rating system is :-) = Good :-\ = OK > = Evil
                Trotskysm :-)
                Stalinism >
                Lennism :-\
                Arnarky >
                Maoist >

                (=^o^=) MEOW!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  8 posts to get from a request for a minute of silence for London bomb victims to a disection of communism.
                  Must be some kind of record, a couple of more moves and we should get to Kevin Bacon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Charuzu
                    ...While what happend in England was a evil attack on the free world since 9/11...
                    October 12, 2002 - nightclub bombing in Kuta, Indonesia (Bali)
                    March 11, 2004 - train bombing in Madrid, Spain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hai_hai
                      October 12, 2002 - nightclub bombing in Kuta, Indonesia (Bali)
                      March 11, 2004 - train bombing in Madrid, Spain

                      it's surprising how quickly we forget most of these things.

                      ~taganahan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hai_hai
                        October 12, 2002 - nightclub bombing in Kuta, Indonesia (Bali)
                        March 11, 2004 - train bombing in Madrid, Spain
                        Wow, I watch almost nothing 'cept CNN and the history Channel (with the exclusion of Anime) and I have never heard of the nightclub bombing... amazing how so much news is largly unknown. You have a good eye for politics Hai_hai.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Charuzu
                          Wow, I watch almost nothing 'cept CNN and the history Channel (with the exclusion of Anime) and I have never heard of the nightclub bombing... amazing how so much news is largly unknown. You have a good eye for politics Hai_hai.
                          Casablanca bombing 16th of May 2003, better not rely on CNN only if you wana know what's happening in the world.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charuzu
                            ...amazing how so much news is largly unknown...
                            Whilst blaming CNN's poor coverage, I think the more serious problem is that people tends to have selective memory.

                            There are loads of other resources around (online like the BBC site, Reuters and WN network, or magazines like Newsweek etc.) If you think the happenings in the entire world can be squeezed into an hourly news round-up, you definitely live in a very close-minded world.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X