Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimonos, Yakatas and Hakamas

Hey There,

Im just curious does anyone wear Hakamas or Kimonos for special occasions, i was thinking my birthdays coming up and i wanted a Men's Kimono or something to wear for my birthday in the house of course lol, or am i just plain werid lol.

You know, in this heat I wish I could wear a Hakama without strange looks.

Comment

lol same here, but yeh u would get chavs going "I wanna fight with u Samurai" lol

Comment

I'm planning to wear mine during Holloween, the only occasion you can look normal in those clothing in Minnesota, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shred_lord
          You know, in this heat I wish I could wear a Hakama without strange looks.
          I've said it before, I'll say it again: Let's organize an International Hakama Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin
            I've said it before, I'll say it again: Let's organize an International Hakama Day.
            Hmmm, if I may be allowed to wax "leet"!

w00t!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin
              Here, here . Mugu, I totally agree. Me and a friend of mine both decided to wear ours for last year's halloween and, just to turn more heads, slipped our bokuto through our himo .

Comment

Originally posted by ShinKenshi
                Here, here . Mugu, I totally agree. Me and a friend of mine both decided to wear ours for last year's halloween and, just to turn more heads, slipped our bokuto through our himo .

bahahaha I think we should meet up on Holloween then, hahah

Comment

i dont get weird looks when i've worn mine. i wear it all sorts of places like toys-r-us or blocbuster or jack in the box, all that jazz.

but definately halloween

Comment

I don't wear anything like that outside for special occasions, but I do wear yukata at home in the house sometimes. When I was a teen, I always wore yukata/nemaki at home. But as an adult I find the sleeves too annoying (because of cooking dinner, washing dishes, etc), so I tend not to wear them much anymore.

Comment

BTW, trying to figure out how to put on the Obi gives me headaches, especially trying to learn how to tie them with pictures, lol

Comment

Discover the wonders of Velco!

Comment

Originally posted by shred_lord
                          Discover the wonders of Velco!
                          I say a mighty hurrah for Velco!, yeh International Hakama day really kool idea, yeh i think i will buy a Yakata then at least i can wear it around the house. Halloween never thought of that good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugu
                            BTW, trying to figure out how to put on the Obi gives me headaches, especially trying to learn how to tie them with pictures, lol
                            Thus the joy of asking you sensei =^o^=

Still, I often wear Yakata in the house cuz it's soooooo comfy. Sadly my mum won't let me outside w/ it and my evil neibors think that I will kill them in their sleep. But to be honest they are evil so when I get a iaito/shinken I'll practice somewhere in view to add to their false impression.

PS - I just got my aunt in texas into kendo. I am soon going to send her info on the Budokan. (=^o^=)

Comment

my Uni students walk home in their kit and dont even get funny looks any more when they go to Subways for a sandwich. Be bold and wear it where you want, it might even start a fashion craze...
                              The only time I ever got a funny look was walking to a dojo.... in Kyoto.

Comment

Working...
                              X