X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensei or instructor's occupation ?

It is amazing that our sensei or instructors spare their precious time and commit to teach us. My sensei and previous instructor's occupation are;

- IT Consultant
    - Computer Hardware engineering
    - Gardener

Again, thanks to all senseis...

What is yours senseis occupation ???

Two are carpenters
    One is a mechanical engineer
    One is a Buddhist reverend
    One is an art restorer
    One is a civil engineer

The one previous sensei (I refuse to say "former") is a technical equipment sales engineer and purveyor of fine Japanese bogu.

Comment

My kendo o-sensei is a retired gardener (alot of them seem to be); the head instructor is a freelance photographer.

My iaido sensei is still working as a gardener. My other iaido sensei is a retired Los Angeles County Sheriff - I think...I know his son is an active sheriff now.

Comment

Mine used to own a gardening business but now he's opened a restaurant. He's only got to get into import/export to complete the Japanese immigrant trifecta.

Comment

My chief instructor is a Buddhist reverend, one is a lecturer at the university, another is a tour guide (I think), another is a dean at a Japanese-run university here, and another does bogu repair (used to do something else but quit).

Comment

Originally posted by runsyi
            My chief instructor is a Buddhist reverend, one is a lecturer at the university, another is a tour guide (I think), another is a dean at a Japanese-run university here, and another does bogu repair (used to do something else but quit).
            Ikenaga-sensei? Paizan!

Comment

Paikea! Omg you saw that movie too?!? (Whale Rider or something)

Comment

Originally posted by Kmav
                Paikea! Omg you saw that movie too?!? (Whale Rider or something)
                Knew the story of Kahutia long before the movie...
                Last edited by Paikea; 13th September 2005, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea
                  Ikenaga-sensei? Paizan!
                  Yes! I go to Myohoji. Were you one of the visitors that came with his son-in-law's dojo?

Comment

i knew i heard that name before. i saw the making of the movie on cbs.

anywho, my sensei is a mechanic at the airport...think he works for aircanada

~taganahan

Comment

Yes! I go to Myohoji. Were you one of the visitors that came with his son-in-law's dojo?
                      Unfortunately, no - my son James was there though.

When Ikenaga-sensei came to Portland earlier this year he stayed at my home for the day. He did some calligraphy for us, and liked my cat.

Comment

Unfortunately, no - my son James was there though.

When Ikenaga-sensei came to Portland earlier this year he stayed at my home for the day. He did some calligraphy for us, and liked my cat.
                        Oh neat. I don't remember your son but if you could tell Mr. and Mrs. Smith I said hi. My last name is Ichishita.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralutin
                          My kendo o-sensei is a retired gardener (alot of them seem to be); the head instructor is a freelance photographer.

My iaido sensei is still working as a gardener. My other iaido sensei is a retired Los Angeles County Sheriff - I think...I know his son is an active sheriff now.
                          Murakami Sensei was a produce clerk at " The Boy's Market " on the " SHAW " thats Crenshaw Blvd, near the extinct Holiday Bowl...ummmm Chashu and Rice ...

Comment

Oh neat. I don't remember your son but if you could tell Mr. and Mrs. Smith I said hi. My last name is Ichishita.
                            I will! (my son was the taller, skinny one with way too much hair)

Comment

I will! (my son was the taller, skinny one with way too much hair)
                              Thank you. Sorry I don't really remember anyone else. I remember the Smiths because I asked Mrs. Smith to do jigeiko but she didn't want to. I did jigeiko with Mr. Smith though and it was very fun. He has a strong taiatari.

Comment

Working...
                              X