X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo Vs Mutsu Enmei Ryuu

hmmmm The Ancient martial artform of Mutsu EnMei Ryuu was said to be the ultimate hand combat technique involving all aspects of KongFu, Kick Boxing, Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Mui Thai etc etc.

It is rumored that Mutsu has never Lost any fight in the 1000 years of history against both armed and unarmed combat.

It is said that Miyamoto Musashi once fought a Mutsu and ended in defeat. The famous Jubei lost his eye and later died in the mountains in the hands of the Mutsu. Even the infamous Shinsengumi and their genius kid was defeated in unrecorded duels with a Mutsu.

Hence,, kendo is a modern form of old samurai art.. maybe there are still Mutsu out there, past down generations by generations.

The Shaolin Monks from China recently had a tour in Australia and demonstrated some amazing martial arts. A kid was able to balance himself slanted on top of a poll, and another monk threw a tooth pick against a glass brick that is about 1 meter wide, the tooth pick penetrated the glass brick and was stuck in the middle. That is just Shaolin students who are allowed to go outside the temple. Imagine the top students and their Grand Master.

There are alot of mysterious martial art technique in this world that common people like us would not have known or heard of. But there are people who has being training their technique all day everyday for their entire lives.

Amazing stuff...

dude were you drunk....

Comment

Dude, I loved Shura no Toki as much as the next guy, but it IS a comic book.

Comment

I believe the most ultimate weapon is not gun or sword but "Naked". If you see the movie "Naked weapon", you know what I mean. This naked ryu believe to exist 5000 years ago and still around today. The official name for this ryu is something like "Yo Yo no kimono ryu"

Comment

hahaha, Been watching a little too much Shura no Toki huh?? Great anime! I really enjoy it myself.

Mutsu Enmei Ryu isn't a real Ryu...

Originally posted by Landorph
          hmmmm The Ancient martial artform of Mutsu EnMei Ryuu was said to be the ultimate hand combat technique involving all aspects of KongFu, Kick Boxing, Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Mui Thai etc etc.
          Oh, and BTW, none of those arts existed back then... So, you're wrong anyway. Still, it's not real, so it doesn't really matter.

Have fun with the anime. It's cool.

Kaoru

It is rumored that Mutsu has never Lost any fight in the 1000 years of history against both armed and unarmed combat.

It is said that Miyamoto Musashi once fought a Mutsu and ended in defeat. The famous Jubei lost his eye and later died in the mountains in the hands of the Mutsu. Even the infamous Shinsengumi and their genius kid was defeated in unrecorded duels with a Mutsu.

Hence,, kendo is a modern form of old samurai art.. maybe there are still Mutsu out there, past down generations by generations.

The Shaolin Monks from China recently had a tour in Australia and demonstrated some amazing martial arts. A kid was able to balance himself slanted on top of a poll, and another monk threw a tooth pick against a glass brick that is about 1 meter wide, the tooth pick penetrated the glass brick and was stuck in the middle. That is just Shaolin students who are allowed to go outside the temple. Imagine the top students and their Grand Master.

There are alot of mysterious martial art technique in this world that common people like us would not have known or heard of. But there are people who has being training their technique all day everyday for their entire lives.

Amazing stuff...

Comment

I think there was a problem in the translation and it should be translated from muts en mij or translated from Dutch

muts n. cap, mob cap, bonnet, hood, coif, capful

en conj. and

mij pron. I, me

So he was defeated by the capandme ryu he got so drunk he was defeated by his cap

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoru

Mutsu Enmei Ryu isn't a real Ryu...
              But Enmei Ryu IS a real ryu.

Musashi called his style Enmei Ryu in his earlier days.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan
                But Enmei Ryu IS a real ryu.

Musashi called his style Enmei Ryu in his earlier days.
                I know. But, thanks. The thing I don't know is, why? I'd like to know why...

Kaoru

Comment

about that question

Originally posted by Kaoru View Post
                  I know. But, thanks. The thing I don't know is, why? I'd like to know why...

Kaoru
                  i was looking up on warriors of the tokogawa shogunate earlier and when i got to what they had on musashi i also saw the name Enmei ryuu displayed as one of his "techings"

how ever musashi miyamoto was the kinda person who would go out of his way to optimise what ever certain styles he was using at the time and not only adapt them to his opponents style but also to the point where they could be used with most any other given style of his own

this is basically the escence of Enmei Ryu wich as said in shura no toki was created to "kill" and to do so without weapons.. also the Shura back then was an actual clan [hence the province name]

but going on with the subject at this time we are even trying to date around 1000 years BEFORE musashis time

This may be why there were so few if any reccords that were made for the enmei ryu [being such a far northern reagon] was most likely not verry populated or politically sustained durring its time of greatness

IF this is the case id say most likly that myamoto as one who travled far more than the average bing at his time may have been able to run into what could have been one of the few remaining warriors ofthe shura

- as a side note even in shura no toki they had never shown more than one shura for each section of the trillogic stoyline.. this backs me up on the occasion that if they exsisted they were probubly a "dying" race at the time of musashi,

- also that would make musashi want to learn more about the techniqu of the mutsu being someoen who whas traind to weild 9 or so different weapons he was most likely intersted in learning as many hand to hand strategies as possible and chose to alter the enmei ryu ino somthing or even alter something.... into the enmei ryu ^^

Comment

It is well known that the ultimate martial art is that of the Hidden Heavenly Way known in Japanese as
                    Nin Ten Do

Comment

Originally posted by rfoxmich View Post
                      It is well known that the ultimate martial art is that of the Hidden Heavenly Way known in Japanese as
                      Nin Ten Do
                      Posrep for you!

Comment

Nin Ten Do
                        Ah yes, taught by Grand Master Pha Que Too

Comment

Nin Ten Do
                          The xBoxe is far more efficient from a practical point of view, but lacks reliability in it's modern form.

Comment

Originally posted by Daidreken View Post
                            i was looking up on warriors of the tokogawa shogunate earlier and when i got to what they had on musashi i also saw the name Enmei ryuu displayed as one of his "techings"
                            Musashi's school of swordsmanship known as 'Enmei-ryu' ceased to exist when he renamed it Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu.

Comment

My Gun-fu is superior.

Comment

Working...
                              X