X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Zen Dojo Promotion Test

Is anyone testing in mid-January at the Ken Zen Dojo in NYC? I'm not sure of the exact date, there is no info on their website.

promotional exam

No, there is no promotion exam in December, they will have it tentatively on January 14th, Sunday, 2007.

Sensei Ebiharavwill be visiting Taipei attending 13th World Kendo Championship, and returning on Dec 13th.

They will have some meeting to find exact date for exam when i come back.
    They will announce the date on Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nochi-no-tsuki
      Is anyone testing in mid-January at the Ken Zen Dojo in NYC? I'm not sure of the exact date, there is no info on their website.
      AEUSKF KENDO PROMOTION TEST

SUNDAY January 14, 2007
      at the Ken Zen Dojo
      54 Thomas Street New York, NY 10013
      tel (212) 406-9104
      REGISTRATION - CHECK IN AT 1:00pm,
      CLOSE AT 2:00pm

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
        AEUSKF KENDO PROMOTION TEST

SUNDAY January 14, 2007
        at the Ken Zen Dojo
        54 Thomas Street New York, NY 10013
        tel (212) 406-9104
        REGISTRATION - CHECK IN AT 1:00pm,
        CLOSE AT 2:00pm
        gracias.

//////

Comment

just want to take a second and thank all the members of the Ken Zen Dojo for being great hosts for the test. everyone was very friendly and helpful and the dojo is beautiful. special thanks to ignatz for helping me so much, and for awesomeness (sp?) in general.

Comment

I watched the test (at the "observation deck" :P ), and I must say it was very nice to see so many Kendoka doing well. Congradulations to everyone who passed, and if you didn't pass, I hope you pass next time around

Comment

Originally posted by Nochi-no-tsuki View Post
              just want to take a second and thank all the members of the Ken Zen Dojo for being great hosts for the test. everyone was very friendly and helpful and the dojo is beautiful. special thanks to ignatz for helping me so much, and for awesomeness (sp?) in general.
              Yes, being generally awesome is a gift but it can also be a curse.

Seriously, I found the level of kendo to be very impressive. The new procedure for the kyu ranks (at least the first time I saw it) really highlights basics.
              While I did not get to see many of the 1 and 2 dan tests, the ones I did see were all very good.
              I watched the 3 and 4 dan tests closely and all of the candidates were, in my opinion, excellent. I think that they were all on the level that the rank calls for and whatever deficiencies they may have had will be easily corrected. In other words, I did not see anyone whose kendo made me think "Why is this person testing for this rank?"

I'm glad I finally got to meet Arthur and am now able to put a face together with the name. I hope you find the time to get over to Kenshinkai some Friday night.

Comment

Working...
              X