X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Sr. Tournament

Is there anyone that is going to participate in Ontario tournament?

I am. So are about 7 people from my dojo plus some people visiting us from Japan. I don't think they'll be on our team though.

Comment

McGill (myself included) will be there... We have at least 12 people coming, probably a few more will be added to that number.

Maybe I'll be (un)lucky and draw a fight against Kyotaka Kamata in teams again...

Comment

Did anyone get the results for the Jr. Tournament?
        I couldn't make it this year I heard there were some really good matches.

Comment

University of Waterloo will most definitly be there, not sure how many people though. Likely we'll get two teams in. I know I'll be there.

tyler

Comment

I won't be there but look for a mixed prairie team headed by Shiono-sensei from Banff.

Comment

go waterloo!
              junior tournament results

Non-Bogu Category (12yrs and Under):
              1st - Eric Han
              2nd - Julie Han

Non-Bogu Category (13 to 18yrs)
              1st - Jemmy Gu
              2nd - Johnathan Petty
              3rd - Sara Joseph
              3rd - Allyson Lee

Bogu Category (10yrs and under)
              2nd - Andrew Lee

Bogu Category (14 to 15yrs)
              3rd - Julia Lee

Bogu Category (16 to 18yrs)
              1st - Sang Hyun Lee

Team Match
              1st - JCCC 'A': Jordan Luy, Paul Nakashima and Sang Hyun Lee

Fighting Spirit
              Elliott Altilia

those are the jccc results
              2nd and 3rd in teams were both iksdk i believe
              bogu 14-15 was like
              1st some iksdk guy
              2nd jin park forest city
              bogu 10yrs was like i think ryan murao
              murao senseis son

Comment

btw who are u inetaro

Comment

Looks like one Ottawa dojo is bringing in ringers from Japan. Gutless bastards...

Hey Raiza, any one these imports actually in my division or will they all be competing with the higher ups?

By the way, D'O.-sensei is coming to the tourney.

P.S. I emailed Etobicoke about getting the full results from the junior tournament... no reply yet. I'm still waiting for U of T results too (from March!!!). If I ever receive them they'll be posted on the McGill Club website.

Comment

Can someone tell me how many kyu people usually goto the tournament. THis will be my first and not sure what to expect..

Comment

Kancho,

I just checked the program from last March's U of T tourney: There were a little under 100 people in kyu division last year. I suppose you should expect a few more since there has been no grading between then and now (i.e. no one could change divisions).

Don't be nervous... except if you're fighting someone from McGill, then you should most likely be very nervous. I heard those McGill people are real killers in fact, so fast you cannot see them until they hit you, and by then it's too late...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexM
                        Looks like one Ottawa dojo is bringing in ringers from Japan. Gutless bastards...
                        Good, then you can tell rokudan Shiono-sensei (from Hokkaido) what a ringer he is. In the last two months we've had three rokudans come visit, which is practically unheard of here. Sato-san is one heck of a host. He's pretty good at leading a class too.

Hey Raiza, any one these imports actually in my division or will they all be competing with the higher ups?
                        I think they're competing with the higher ups, but I'm not certain. If one or more are competing with you, I'll let them know who called them a ringer.

By the way, D'O.-sensei is coming to the tourney.
                        Joy!

Comment

I believe we are sending you Bozzer-sensei from Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by etherknot
                            I believe we are sending you Bozzer-sensei from Edmonton.
                            That's great! It's so neat that people love kendo so much they'll go to enormous lengths to attend tournaments, seminars, etc. If only I had the time!

Comment

That was a lot of fun. It was so good to see Sato-san back in action. Even more fun the day before was training with the Toronto Kendo Club. Being stuck with the mukyu crowd made me realize how far I've come in the last year and what a great club I belong to. Ikkyu test is next month and hopefully shodan next grading (summer?).

Your thoughts on the tourney?

Comment

Working...
                              X