Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 SEUSKF Tournament - Memphis, TN

Dear KW Members....

Memphis Kendo Club (Memphis, TN) is hosting the 2008 SEUSKF Tournament and Shinsa.

So far, we are still ironing out some details with the tournament venue, hotel availability, etc., but for now, we felt it vital just to get the most important thing announced to everyone...

The DATE of the tournament has been set for the weekend of OCTOBER 4 and 5, 2008.

Availablity for open practice on Friday night, October 3, has not yet been determined, but we have created a website which we will update as things get set in place.

http://www.seuskf2008.com/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at:
    rogersgossett at yahoo dot com and I'll try to respond as soon as possible.

Neglected to add that of course, questions can be posed here, too...

Comment

Good job Rogers! Make sure you let me know if you need any help other than the stuff I sent you guys already.

Comment

Appreciate it... I just sent out an email to you and the rest of the Board in hopes that an official email could be sent to all the other SEUSKF dojos as well...

Comment

Already got it and forwarded it to member dojos. Since forms etc aren't ready to go yet I didn't make it too formal though, more of a heads up for member dojos. Looking forward to making it out to Memphis for the event.

Comment

Cool, maybe I'll even be ready to participate in this one.

Hmm ,just looked at the website and noticed this said "Championships" umm...maybe I'm not quite ready. Does that mean I need to already have qualified in some way?

sean

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Already got it and forwarded it to member dojos. Since forms etc aren't ready to go yet I didn't make it too formal though, more of a heads up for member dojos. Looking forward to making it out to Memphis for the event.
              Yeah, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

...an official announcement of just the date for now....

Thanks, Mike..

Comment

Sean, no there is no pre-qualification to the annual taikai other than ( I believe) having paid your SEUSKF/AUSKF dues for the year (note people from outside the SEUSKF are also allowed to compete). Typically there is both individual and team events but it is not an invitational event so you will just need to fill out and send in your registration forms once they are available.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that website, though...
                  I didn't notice that earlier and I'll try to get the guy to change it ..
                  Last edited by tango; 4th June 2008, 02:52 AM.

Comment

bumpity bump bump, just to make sure the word gets out...

...hoping that gas prices don't result in a low turnout!

PS: we are expecting to have enough rank at this event to have testing up through 4.dan... that's not confirmed yet, but we're working diligently for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X