X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saskatoon Kendo Seminar

Hello everybody. This year's Saskatoon seminar will be held March 5-7 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. We are pleased to announce that the guest instructor this year will be Kamata-sensei, nanadan and head instructor at Etobicoke Olympium in Etobicoke, Ontario. Assisting him will be Daisaku Taguchi, godan, instructor from Sunrise Kendo Club in Burnaby, BC and Team Canada member. Host instructor is Ken Miyaoka of Saskatoon Kendo Club, rokudan. There are usually several other sensei who attend as well, so plenty of instruction to go around.

The general format will be:
    Friday night godo-keiko
    Saturday morning seminar
    Saturday afternoon tournament
    Saturday evening supper/party
    Sunday morning kata and grading
    Sunday afternoon seminar/jigeiko

We had about 80 kendoka out to this last year, and we don't expect it to get any smaller. I'll be sending the details and registration package out in the next few weeks. If you are interested in attending, shoot me a PM or an email and I'll add you to the list.

WOW! It sounds like a great event! I wish I could go...it must be very cold in Saskatoon right now. Burrrr~~~~~

Sounds like it will be a very busy weekend for people in Saskatoon!!! GANBARE!

Well, wish you all the best, hope the event goes well!!!! (I would love to go, but I'll just have to wait until I'm done with school...and I have some money! ^^...that will be a long ways from now!)

GOOD LUCK~! I'm sure it'll be great!

Comment

Thanks, and good luck to you with your big event in January. IIRC January 17th is the Vancouver Kendo Club tournament, and the following day is a seminar with Yamada-sensei. I'm sure a PM to Ms. Kendo will get you all the details. I'd love to make it out there myself but unfortunately work will be nuts right around then.

Comment

We are putting together our road trip plans now, im 99% sure i'll be there...and im really looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Nishi
          We are putting together our road trip plans now, im 99% sure i'll be there...and im really looking forward to it
          Look forward to seeing you and Lisa again, was nice to finally meet you in Winterpeg. We now have confirmation from Okusa-sensei and Shiono-sensei so that front line is getting quite crowded, should be a good seminar.

Comment

Working...
          X