• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a beer or two....

Comment

• You ok big guy?

Comment

• Hell hath no fury than Japanese pride scorned.....

Originally posted by Shmur View Post
        Ouch, seems like those three matches went by really fast.
        Indeed and the fact that they had a score to settle did have something to do with this I guess.
        Can't wait to see it on Youtube what it looked like.
        Was it rough Kendo???
        I'm glad that this nerve wrecking reading of text messages of mobile phones is over. My colleague from the UK is right there should be a better way to follow this global event.

How did the UK team fare? We haven't heard a thing during this frenzy.

Comment

• Let's be honest, USA coming in 2nd this time isn't the same achievement it was last time. I don't know how the brackets are decided, but if it's purely based on the previous WKC, then this could be the outcome for years to come. Maybe Canada or somebody can take USA's spot. Seems like there may need to be some other way of running WKC if anything other than first place is supposed to count for much.

Comment

• I guess I wanted it sooo much. but I'm still proud of them--they worked so hard through pain and made many sacrafices.

Comment

• I thought the draws were random and not based on previous competition's performance.

http://www.kendo-fik.org/english-pag...g-Results.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Fonsz View Post
                How did the UK team fare? We haven't heard a thing during this frenzy.
                I heard we were knocked out by the US after the pool stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bokushingu View Post
                  I guess I wanted it sooo much. but I'm still proud of them--they worked so hard through pain and made many sacrafices.
                  I'll definitely raise a pint for their efforts.

Comment

• I thought the draws were random and not based on previous competition's performance
                    ...in part they are... having sat through the drawing of a WKC - its slow & laborious, but recorded for auditing, and fairness... however, and others more knowledgeable need to step in, for the teams, there are "weightings" (do you guys say seedings ?) like tennis for example, for the top countries, like Japan, Korea and a few others, with the hosts normally recieving something in the rules to not meet the top seeds (in the first pool)

Individuals, no seeding, its random names (sticks with numbers when I sat in) - but teams, after the top seeds, is done differently... that's my humble understanding...

Comment

• Congrats to all who took part - especially team GB (for being british!) and team USA (for obvious reasons). Wish I'd been around to follow on twitter, getting back home and instantly finding out Japan won just isn't the same. =)

The worst bit now is waiting for the videos to appear on youtube... F5 F5 F5 F5

Comment

• which youtube channels are you guys keeping an eye on??

Comment

• Originally posted by Gideon View Post
                          I thought the draws were random and not based on previous competition's performance.

http://www.kendo-fik.org/english-pag...g-Results.html

I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the top 4 from the previous WKC are seeded.
                          So for this year's championship, Korea, USA, Japan and Chinese Taipei were seeded and as such 2 countries from these nation's pools were permitted to advance. For everyone else only 1 country per pool advanced

Comment

• Thanks all for the seeding info. I thought it was a strictly random draw.

Comment

• Thanks for twittler!
                              Japan team won?? If it's true, I'm so happy! All the Japanese TV is broadcasting about diet member election. I hope they say anything about Kendo championships.

Comment

• 14th WKC Twitter

Originally posted by Legionario View Post
                                Shodai x kawabata. Shodai gets 2 points. Jp players.

http://twitter.com/taroariga

You know it.... That's what we been talkin! about....

ICEMAN...

Wasn't there but am sure it happened quickly!
                                When you are in a battle with Shoudai, YOU KNOW you have been in a FIGHT!
                                NO DOUBT ! I know from personal experience!

I also had the honour of doing men-uchi with him the last part of July!
                                Last edited by baysun; 31st August 2009, 07:43 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                                X