Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Japanese team for 15th WKC Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
    Yeah, Dan-I is a bit misleading in this girls case... she is the reigning All Japan HS Champ... And she captained the team that won All Japan HS teams too... She's a bit good.
    That's pretty insane! Geez.

    Comment


    • #17
      and where's Higashinaga?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FastKendo View Post
        and where's Higashinaga?
        And why Takanabe Susumu fights only in the individuals?
        Physical condition I suppose...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Raffa View Post
          And why Takanabe Susumu fights only in the individuals?
          Physical condition I suppose...
          I am pretty sure he will be playing in the teams too... There is no rule to say you can't also be in the Teams if you are in the Individuals - however, each country can only enter four competitors into the Individual tournament, and I expect this is the reason that these 4 are 'announced' as Individual competiors, and it is not that they are not entering the teams also.

          Comment


          • #20
            Case in point, last WKC Japan entered Teramoto as both the team captain and in the individuals.
            Higashinaga is pretty long in the tooth now and hasn't had too much notoriety so far, which is probably why he is not in the team. Team Japan is not determined by one competition.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
              I am pretty sure he will be playing in the teams too... There is no rule to say you can't also be in the Teams if you are in the Individuals - however, each country can only enter four competitors into the Individual tournament, and I expect this is the reason that these 4 are 'announced' as Individual competiors, and it is not that they are not entering the teams also.
              So does that mean that there are some kenshi on that list who we will not see fight at all?

              Comment


              • #22
                Probably.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I agree with Emilio, in that I think there is a possibility that some members may not even play - though depending on the draw, and the run of the Shiai - they often put every one in for at least one match...

                  Anybody notice that there are only 9 men, yet 10 ladies... actually there were actually 10 Men when it was originally announced, but one (Kyoto's Nakano) has 'mysteriously' disappeared... word on the street is he's injured himself... not a good start for Team Japan...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It's been a long while since I watched it, but wasn't that a part of the Eiga documentary? I seem to remember him saying how he was selected for the Kyoto WKC but ended not playing. In any case, not a good start for TJ, echoes of the RoC WKC?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Lloromannic View Post
                      It's been a long while since I watched it, but wasn't that a part of the Eiga documentary? I seem to remember him saying how he was selected for the Kyoto WKC but ended not playing. In any case, not a good start for TJ, echoes of the RoC WKC?
                      From memory, I think the commentator (at least in the Japanese version) says that he was only allowed to play in the pools, and not in the knock-out tournament.

                      Yeah, not a good start... I am sure they will do everything they can to avoid another disaster (for them) like Taiwan!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
                        I agree with Emilio, in that I think there is a possibility that some members may not even play - though depending on the draw, and the run of the Shiai - they often put every one in for at least one match...

                        Anybody notice that there are only 9 men, yet 10 ladies... actually there were actually 10 Men when it was originally announced, but one (Kyoto's Nakano) has 'mysteriously' disappeared... word on the street is he's injured himself... not a good start for Team Japan...
                        Speaking of things disappearing, the bullet points that indicated who is fighting in the individuals has been removed. Weird.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Koban View Post
                          Speaking of things disappearing, the bullet points that indicated who is fighting in the individuals has been removed. Weird.
                          oooh, that is interesting... perhaps they picked up on this thread... wouldn't surprise me.

                          Teams can still change who will compete in the individuals, so perhaps they are having a re-think...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
                            I am pretty sure he will be playing in the teams too... There is no rule to say you can't also be in the Teams if you are in the Individuals - however, each country can only enter four competitors into the Individual tournament, and I expect this is the reason that these 4 are 'announced' as Individual competiors, and it is not that they are not entering the teams also.
                            Things are more clear for me now. Thank you all..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Too bad they couldn't pick up R. Nishimura (from Saga) to replace Takano. He did pretty well for a 4th Year University Student. I think Hatakenaka even though he was not selected for the 14WKC was with the group training for the 14WKC after he did well in the AJKC as a university student. It would have been exciting to see how well Nishimura played against some of the Korean Team members in Men's Individuals.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Toshiro Mifune View Post
                                Too bad they couldn't pick up R. Nishimura (from Saga) to replace Takano. He did pretty well for a 4th Year University Student. I think Hatakenaka even though he was not selected for the 14WKC was with the group training for the 14WKC after he did well in the AJKC as a university student. It would have been exciting to see how well Nishimura played against some of the Korean Team members in Men's Individuals.
                                He was there with the Japanese team! Had a chat with him at the sayonara party, lovely fella.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X