Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now the only question is, can I get away with suggesting Vegas for my wife's birthday (July 21) and then being "surprised" that there's a Kendo seminar there that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jjcruiser View Post
      Now the only question is, can I get away with suggesting Vegas for my wife's birthday (July 21) and then being "surprised" that there's a Kendo seminar there that weekend.
      Just give me a heads up when you do that so I can send a video crew to capture the aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten View Post
        The original plan turned out to have several items that were not really going to work. The official announcement and applications should be out this week. One item the testing is expanded to include ikkyu - 4 Dan. Two examination boards are planned, 1K-3D and 4D and up (subject to change, could end up 1k-4D, 5D-7D). A program to encourage more 7 Dan kyoshi to attend was also added to the plan. Dates and location remain the same as rumored above.
        J. Marsten Ex VP AUSKF
        Earlier there seemed to be some talk of covering the kihon kata on Friday either instead of or in addition to the godokeiko. Is that no longer happening?

Comment

There was no mention of doing so at the meeting and in fact regarding discussion on the bokto kata it was put out into the future until a core of sensei can be established to ensure a national standard. Japan trained 25 sensei and sent them out to disperse the knowledge across the country because there was too much deviation in what was being taught. AUSKF intention is to follow that model.

Comment

Does anybody have the final details for the summer camp? Our Dojo has not recieved any info yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten View Post
              There was no mention of doing so at the meeting and in fact regarding discussion on the bokto kata it was put out into the future until a core of sensei can be established to ensure a national standard. Japan trained 25 sensei and sent them out to disperse the knowledge across the country because there was too much deviation in what was being taught. AUSKF intention is to follow that model.
              Looks like it made in onto the schedule after all.

Friday, 7/20 (optional):
              4:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Seminar- Bokuto ni yoru kendo kihon-waza keiko-ho/Godo-keiko

Comment

So I don't know if official announcements were ever made to regional federations (in fact the only word I even heard about it was here on WK forums). Although I am secretary for our federation I never received any myself from AUSKF or our regional president so I think that the SEUSKF will be very poorly represented this year since I was never able to send out a SEUSKF wide announcement with links to registration forms and just found out today that the registration period is already over. Its unfortunate that things (communication problems) like this happen.
                Last edited by MikeW; 18th June 2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  So I don't know if official announcements were ever made to regional federations (in fact the only word I even heard about it was here on WK forums). Although I am secretary for our federation I never received any myself from AUSKF or our regional president so I think that the SEUSKF will be very poorly represented this year since I was never able to send out a SEUSKF wide announcement with links to registration forms and just found out today that the registration period is already over. Its unfortunate that things (communication problems) like this happen.
                  My suggestion is for all AUSKF kenshi who found the timing for this US National Kendo Camp announcement (and registration materials), to be too late or problematic then write a short letter/email to their regional and national kendo federation boards expressing how you feel. If enough people speak up it would help change this situation. The same problem exists within the AUSKF iaido national seminar planning regarding the lack of a timely and complete registration announcement. It seems the AUSKF website is under used for event announcements, etc.

Comment

I am somewhat happy to say that the person that gave me word on the summer camp registration was a little mistaken. The hotel registration is over already but the camp (and promo) registration doesn't end until June 30, so there are still a few days left. Jeff Marsten sensei was kind enough to take the time to send me the registration forms so I could send them out to our federation members. Thank you very much Marsten sensei for your kindness.
                    I don't know if the remaining 10 day window will end up with a huge amount of SEUSKF members registering but at least they have the opportunity.

Comment

test message
                      Last edited by R Stroud; 18th July 2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X