Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th WKC Drawings

http://www.kendo-fik.org/english-pag...g-Results.html

Exciting!!! Now off to do some google sleuthing of opponents...

Comment

Thank you for posting!

Comment

I'm not sure if I properly understand the tables. Will the teams/individuals in each horizontal row face off against one another; and then the winner of row 1 is up against row 2 (according to the numbers on the tournament ladder chart), and so on?

Comment

Each horizontal row is a pool. The pool is played round-robin, and the winner advances into the single-elimination draw. In some cases, the second-place team also advances, you see this in the women's and men's team draws.

I'm not liking this year's men's team draw: overall, it is quite uneven. Of traditionally strong teams, Korea, Taipei, Germany, Italy, Canada and the US are all in the bottom half. Top half has Japan, France and Brazil. IMNSHO Brazil is very likely to be in the semi against Japan. Assuming the US and Canada both make it out of their pools, they will face each other in the first round of elimination with the winner most likely Italy to face Korea in the semis. Taipei and Germany have it even worse - they have to face each other in the pool round, then whoever makes it out gets Korea as the prize. I think the process needs better seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
            I think the process needs better seeding.
            Agreed. They need to do something like a point system for past quarter-finalists, accumulated over the past three championships, or something like that, and then make sure the top eight seeds (or whatever the number) are distributed appropriately over different branches of the bracket.

Comment

If memory serves they only seed the top 4 based on the previous tournament.

Comment

jeez, Canada v USA extremely early if both win their pools, that's pretty unfortunate whichever way it goes.

Comment

pretty big asumption that brasil are going to beat great britan and australia to make it to the semi.

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                    pretty big asumption that brasil are going to beat great britan and australia to make it to the semi.
                    Not really, going on past form...and Australia's group isn't too easy either.

Comment

what because brazil came 3rd in there home town..

Comment

No, because Brazil has 11 team medals and 2 individual medals from the WKC, Austalia and Great Britain haven't won any medals what so ever. That's why.

Comment

And if Great Britain manage to progress from their group I promise to eat my hakama.

Comment

deal..
                            are you going to be at the wkc?
                            because if you are that will make a great show at the sayanara party

Comment

Sure, no problem

Comment

Working...
                              X