Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Toronto Kendo Camp Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toronto Kendo Camp

    Hi all! I just wanted to thank every one in the Toronto Kendo Camp organisation for such a great weekend! I'll post the (very) few pictures I took on some web site soon, and I'll add a link here... If you were there and have some pics to share, don't hesitate to post a link!

    You can put my name on the list, I'll be there next year!

    Many happy suburi!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Erikku
    Hi all! I just wanted to thank every one in the Toronto Kendo Camp organisation for such a great weekend! I'll post the (very) few pictures I took on some web site soon, and I'll add a link here... If you were there and have some pics to share, don't hesitate to post a link!

    You can put my name on the list, I'll be there next year!

    Many happy suburi!
    Ha maudit Chanceux! Si j'aurais eu le temps, j'y aurais t (faut travailler pour avoir un Bogu!). J'ai bien hte de voir les photos et d'entendre les expriences, tu ameneras a la prochaine pratique (p- une vendredi ou samedi, jespre) si tu viens. Anyway, I'll keep on the English side, for the sake of the people here. Well, glad you had fun, hope you'll stick with Kendo for a long time ( I wouldn't be surprise).

    Did Suburi on rocks?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by litige
      Well, glad you had fun, hope you'll stick with Kendo for a long time ( I wouldn't be surprise).

      Did Suburi on rocks?
      I'll stick to kendo, no worries... Although I must admit I was tempted by cross-stitching but didn't find the same level of adrenaline rush.

      As for suburi on rocks, nahhh... But I thought I was ready as I was able to do 150 in a row no problem... untill I found out you guys do suburi at like 4 times the speed I was doing them Turns out I'm pretty good up to 17 suburi. Then I start being late I'll definitely have to loose some of those 220 pounds...

      However, you're not tempted to start a diet when the food you get served is so good. Fish and meat and ramen (not the No-Name brand...) and more fish and more meat marinated and barbecued. Oh... and there must have been something for vegetarians too, but as I am a meat lover, I sticked with the special curry chicken, kote-size shrimps and Kimura No Burgers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Erikku
        However, you're not tempted to start a diet when the food you get served is so good. Fish and meat and ramen (not the No-Name brand...) and more fish and more meat marinated and barbecued. Oh... and there must have been something for vegetarians too, but as I am a meat lover, I sticked with the special curry chicken, kote-size shrimps and Kimura No Burgers.
        Hahaha, Kote-size shrimps! never heard that one...Man if you where with Kimura Sensei, you where in for some goody good-o menu! Can't wait to go to his restaurant!

        Comment


        • #5
          Did either of you get to play Kimura-sensei? How long was it before your shinai was on the floor?

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know if anyone had that chance. Not me, anyway. But with the amount of good kendokas that were there, I had some opportunities to get a good beating.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
              Did either of you get to play Kimura-sensei? How long was it before your shinai was on the floor?
              When he went to our dojo, I battled with him...He is so something, it's like magic. I don't remember though if my shinai went crashing onto the floor, but I heard some other people's shinai!

              Comment


              • #8
                kimura punch!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The first pictures are online!

                  http://list.toronto-kendo-club.ca/gallery/album25

                  Thanks to TKC and Bill for the great pictures...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    thats a cool picture:
                    http://list.toronto-kendo-club.ca/ga...25/kendocamp33

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, that's Eduardo hitting men... Is it just me or his shinai is bent by the impact???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ya ,
                        that guy wasnt in bogu? was he a beginner? really nice form...(at least that picture haha)

                        did you meet carlos and simon? they are from my club

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He wasn't in bogu, no. He was in the beginner group, and I would say he was the best one in that group. He had been doing kendo for at least two sessions...

                          I met Carlos, and I must have met Simon too but I'm bad with names so I can't put a face on that name... Ask Carlos to sing the song he performed in the singing contest...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kendokamax
                            carlos
                            Saw him in one photo with one girl from my club...doing the supper or dinner...damn he looks like he just turned eighteen in the pics.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              but he is like...34 i think

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X