10-12, 13-15
    Girls 16-18, Boys 16-18
    Mudansha women, Yudansha women
    1-2 Dan men
    3 Dan men
    4-Dan and up Men
    Junior Team 15 years and under
    Senior Team 16 years and older
    Entry forms soon to be posted on the PNKF web. I will post here when that happens.

YES!! I can't wait to go down there again for this years tournament! Whooo! Thank you VERY much for the information.

Comment

I hope there's a women's mudansha this year ^_^. There wasn't one last year T_T.

Comment

right on

Comment

I am looking forward to the PNKF taikai, just hope my work and school schedule dont intervene Is it going to be a one large mens mudansha group or broken up into the usual 0-4kyu and 3-1kyu ?

Comment

Originally posted by dorkusxmaximus
            I hope there's a women's mudansha this year ^_^. There wasn't one last year T_T.
            Well Nancy get those mudansha gals to sign up. That was the problem last year, too many stood on the sidelines.

Comment

groups

Originally posted by Cheese_Man
              I am looking forward to the PNKF taikai, just hope my work and school schedule dont intervene Is it going to be a one large mens mudansha group or broken up into the usual 0-4kyu and 3-1kyu ?
              it should be the usual 0-4/3-1 groups. However the womens will probably be just one kyu group. Once we get the actual entrys we can determine the final groups.

http://www.kendo-pnkf.org/news/pnkftaikai.phtml Actual info is now posted on the PNKF web site and I believe there will be downloadable forms shortly.

Comment

I'd better hurry up and send in a submission for the tenugui contest for this taikai!! (o_O!)

Comment

one month to go

Well we are now one month away from the 30th PNKF taikai. Both Phiten and E-Bogu will have vendor booths at the tournament. Also there will be a gift tenugui for all the competitors. So far out of state entries include 8 from Hawaii .

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten
                    Well we are now one month away from the 30th PNKF taikai. Both Phiten and E-Bogu will have vendor booths at the tournament. Also there will be a gift tenugui for all the competitors. So far out of state entries include 8 from Hawaii .
                    wow !! that close huh ? well better start shinning up that broken trophy, cause we is taking it .. there will be 8 from Venice, 5 from sho tokyo..hmmmm maybe an all So Cal Finals in teams...heheheehe

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten
                      When Nov 13th, 2004
                      Where Renton Community Center
                      Expected Divisions:
                      9 and under
                      10-12, 13-15
                      Girls 16-18, Boys 16-18
                      Mudansha women, Yudansha women
                      1-2 Dan men
                      3 Dan men
                      4-Dan and up Men
                      Junior Team 15 years and under
                      Senior Team 16 years and older
                      Entry forms soon to be posted on the PNKF web. I will post here when that happens.
                      just out curiousity marsten-sensei... how many competitors in total are we talking about here? becuase whoaaa, i think i've never seen so many divisions in a taikai!

thanks for your attention.

Comment

entries

About 300 entries if it is like last year.

Inouye, we are buying a brand new trophy. The old one is toast. If you win, you can take it home but then you have to come back next year.

Comment

Sensei, what happens when there aren't enough mudansha women? It's going to be combined like last year, right?

Comment

womens group

Originally posted by dorkusxmaximus
                            Sensei, what happens when there aren't enough mudansha women? It's going to be combined like last year, right?
                            \
                            right, you can sign up for the mens division if you would rather. Right now I have no idea what the women's division(s) will be. I do know that some of the women in my dojo have not signed up at all. That is both mu and yu..

Comment

are there a lot of kyu women at the dojos you teach at, sensei?

Comment

Working...
                              X