X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 All Japan Women's Kendo Champs

Held in Nagoya yesterday, the winner was Okada Kei from Kumamoto. 2nd was Shinzato Chikano from Okinawa, and 3rd were Shimamura Momoe and Kukiyama Mami, both from Tokyo.

All but Shinzato, a 4th year Nittai Dai student, are policewomen.

Some video will be up by next week.

Hmmm I wonder if Shinzato was part of the Nittai Dai group who travelled to Australia in March this year. That name sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
      Hmmm I wonder if Shinzato was part of the Nittai Dai group who travelled to Australia in March this year. That name sounds familiar.
      Yes she was actually, though I never had the chance of doing jigeiko with her

Comment

Sugoi!!

Shinzato won by Tsuki fighting the last WKC champion Baba...
        Shinzato vs Okada happened at the last WKC as well!!
        ... also Shinzato had been on the Yushusenshu list twice before at previous AJWKC and the last WKC...
        Amazing!!

Comment

Hamish mentioned that 3 of the 4 Women champions are Police officers. This makes me wonder whatever happened to the Woman champion FUKUNOUE? She won a championship or two, and she was a Police officer. Another All-Japan champion was SATO HIRONOBU who also participated in the INTERNATIONAL Kendo Tournament,who also was a Police officer. It would be interesting to do a Demographic-type breakdown as to how many of the All-Japan champions have been Police officers.

Comment

sato hiromitsu was ALL JAPAN POLICE KENDO individual champion like last year, but he never was champion of the ALL ALL JAPAN.

Comment

Are we talking about the same SATO or different? Because the one to which I refer won a championship over 25 years ago.

Comment

aaah sorry i read hiromitsu!!

Comment

Working...
                X