X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Longhorn Team Taikai

Is anyone in this forum going to be in Austin this weekend for the taikai? If you are, I guess Ill see you all down there.

I will be there hopefully. I won't be fighting, but I want to be there to support the dojo.

Comment

Asian Knight,

There will be several regular posters from this forum.
      Kiki & Armstrong-san from SCKO, I know Kerstein sensei from Houston lurks around here, some from A&M, and of course Goyaman from Austin!
      I am sure many other ROMs here from South/Southwest region.

Just beat crap out of California, NY, Houston, and Austin teams.... so we meet at finals match!

Whatever happens, we need to keep the longhorn within Texas!
      It does not need to travel to west or east coast anymore
      (Houston A failed to NY last year, and Dallas A failed to SCKO in '02)

Comment

very nice

Hi im from the dojo that hosts this taikai and would like to say that it is a Very cool tournament. this year will be held in a very nice facility. i am highly looking forward to it. btw kirin...... austins gonna win this year... MUA HA HA HA HA HA!

Comment

I will be there as well. I am not on the team but I will be keeping time or keeping score for the matches.

Comment

Mr Dacosta organizing Ft Food team this year?

Comment

No its just me and him and we train at UT and practice in Killeen. So we are basically a part of the UT orginization.

Comment

As Kirin said - I'll be there, but unfortunately Armstrong wont. We've ended up with only a 4-person team due to some unavoidable events. Oh well - we're gonna do our best to grab the coolest trophy ever and take it back to So Cal once again!

Kirin is the only one of you I have a chance of recognizing. We need a KWF meeting spot. SCKO is my team - I am the shortest one.

Comment

I would really like to be able to put a face to a name. I will be keeping score or time during the matches. Just look for the bald guy in boots.

Comment

Here is pics from last year's taikai~ thx to Kiki
                    http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...light=longhorn

Shiai is fun, but I enjoy more on goudou keiko after the tournament.
                    Really looking forward to practice with Komizu sensei (Austin),Koga sensei (Houston), Morinaga & Nakatani sensei (SCKO), Kishino sensei (NY), and Abe sensei (OKC). Also I heard Umemura sensei, three time Women's AEUSKF Champion, is participating from Kenshinkai of NY.

Good luck and see ya'll sunday~

Comment

Im one of the shortest person in the Dallas team too. It would be nice to meet some of the people in person that come to KWF.

Comment

im going to be the time keeper for match area A. if anyone is interested...lol. doubt that tho.

Comment

I'll see you at the tournament ltr. Gtg, I think we are heading there now.

Comment

Hey does anyone know the results?

Comment

Originally posted by 5ro
                              Hey does anyone know the results?
                              NYC Kenshinkai won.

Comment

Working...
                              X