Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helllllllllll no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masahiro
      What division did the match take place in?
      Sandan and up division.

I remember watching the match when that happened. It really looked like both contestants just got severly irritated with each other. But that wasn't as bad as watching the kid in mudansha division puke all over Court B.

Comment

Thank god all my matches took place in Courts A and C.

BTW Miyu, thanks for the team match at the tournament.

Comment

Before thinking about giving hansoku s to the itto guy, isn't there a problem with the nito guy? I think he is bigger issue than the itto guy. I'll get pissed if someone just hits to hurt people like that.

Comment

hahaha it's not a kendoka it's a drum!

Comment

i found miyu in one of the pics hehehe

kinda blurry tho....

Comment

Originally posted by Miyu
                Sandan and up division.

I remember watching the match when that happened. It really looked like both contestants just got severly irritated with each other. But that wasn't as bad as watching the kid in mudansha division puke all over Court B.
                Hey Aru, here's some advice to your sempai from a fellow nito dude. That first do strike will NEVER be an ippon. There's no cut whatsoever. I've scored my do strikes by doing it the same way as in chudan, and cutting through my opponent. Secondly, that taiko-like hitting is a big no-no. It's pretty disrespectful. He's just hitting to piss off the guy. There's like an unwritten law in doing nito that says you shouldn't whack the guy several times just because you have two shinai. A nito person should only strike when he knows he can score. And that strike better be a good one. And quoting a sensei whom I know who does nito, and will kick ANYONE's @$$ with it, it's supposed to be beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyu
                  Sandan and up division.

Tell me about it... I was Shimpan during that match..... But I will say this, he finished his match. First time I have ever actually seen anyone puke inside the men. Also saw something else that day that I have never seen. One person, in two matches managed to get 8 Honsoku. Have never seen that before either.

Eddie

Comment

Aru.

ARU, finally I found this. And thank you very much for everybody here to give some comments to the video clip. I am looking forward to practice with you all someday. By the way ARU. YOU AND I WILL HAVE SOME GOOD KEIKO NEXT SUNDAY. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Masahiro
                      AH! so that's the infamous "bunny men". Is that mr. Kurukuru himeself performing his patented bunny men waza?
                      Having seen the Bunny Men both from a far and on the recieving end, I can tell you the launch is much more vertical and the cut much stronger than that in the picture.

This guy looks like he is ready to do a cannon ball.

Comment

i missed all the action... missed the puke... missed the nito match, too because i was working another ring. i haven't watched the nito match video just yet, but i have to say that I ***WISH*** there had not been any nito at the tournament because now, there's a guy in our class who is attempting to learn nito by getting nothing but online advice and watching videos. I guess maybe that's ok, and maybe I'm just being an asshole about it..

his itto is very good... he JUST passed NIDAN last summer and he's had a lot of tournament success. and so now, he wants to do nito and we don't have anyone at our dojo who is even qualified (per se) to teach it, much less use it. so now, we got this egotistical nidan using nito at practice who doesn't know at all what he's doing.... constantly striking with (and MISSING targets, I might add) with the nito shinai!

anyway, it just torques me and reeks of disrespect. A nidan itto player switching to nito (in the majority of cases) is incredibly disrespectful in my opinion.

but that's just my opinion. no offense to the nito player at the SEUSKF tournament.

Comment

Finally got around to watching the video - nito or itto, there's no reason to be hammering away at the guy from the inside like that. There's no point to be had there, even if the other guys kensen wasn't on his shoulder. Using taiatari to clear the distance seems OK to me but the second one was a tad excessive.

Comment

Yeah

I was the kid in mudansha who puked.
                            It was not fun. (the worst part was it was just dehydration not illness).

About the nito match, it was obvious(to me) that the nito kenshi was not going to get a point with his drum strikes and kept on hitting anyway. But then again I know the guy who pushed him out.

Comment

samaytg1 I was the head Shimpan in your court. The only thing I would like to say is hats off to you. Even though I have never seen anyone actually puke inside the men, you were able to continue and finish your match. I don't remember, was that your second match or first?

Comment

second.

And thankfully I more puked through the men than in the men.

Comment

Working...
                                X