Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Recent SEUSKF tournament pictures? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    unwritten law

    Originally posted by moocow65
    Hey Aru, here's some advice to your sempai from a fellow nito dude. That first do strike will NEVER be an ippon. There's no cut whatsoever. I've scored my do strikes by doing it the same way as in chudan, and cutting through my opponent. Secondly, that taiko-like hitting is a big no-no. It's pretty disrespectful. He's just hitting to piss off the guy. There's like an unwritten law in doing nito that says you shouldn't whack the guy several times just because you have two shinai. A nito person should only strike when he knows he can score. And that strike better be a good one. And quoting a sensei whom I know who does nito, and will kick ANYONE's @$$ with it, it's supposed to be beautiful.
    It's actually not an unwritten law. In the big green book, the sensei at the IKF seminars have instructed us that it is a violation under the heading of unsportsmanlike conduct/excessive violence and improper behavior and any other reason the shushin might want to offer. We were instructed that anytime someone doing nito starts to do their taiko imitation at chikama that it is a hansoku.
    Now are all shinpan aware of this, certainly not and it is kinda like stalling. some are oblivious and some will call you on it. Still we are instructed to give a hansoku for stalling and when you do give a hansoku the person stops doing it.
    And yes nito is supposed to be beautiful, you should see Toda sensei, absolutely wonderful to watch.

    Comment


    • #32
      Well, this Nito guy won 1st place in 3rd dan or above, at the Florida Open Taikai last week. Everyone was watching his game cautiously and I think he was also being careful as well. I think he is pretty good too..



      Originally posted by jmarsten
      It's actually not an unwritten law. In the big green book, the sensei at the IKF seminars have instructed us that it is a violation under the heading of unsportsmanlike conduct/excessive violence and improper behavior and any other reason the shushin might want to offer. We were instructed that anytime someone doing nito starts to do their taiko imitation at chikama that it is a hansoku.
      Now are all shinpan aware of this, certainly not and it is kinda like stalling. some are oblivious and some will call you on it. Still we are instructed to give a hansoku for stalling and when you do give a hansoku the person stops doing it.
      And yes nito is supposed to be beautiful, you should see Toda sensei, absolutely wonderful to watch.

      Comment


      • #33
        No video

        Sorry, I couldn't get any video this time of the matches with Ito-san in Sarasota... I will try harder next time...

        Comment


        • #34
          Nabeshima cup

          Originally posted by rainmaker
          Well, this Nito guy won 1st place in 3rd dan or above, at the Florida Open Taikai last week. Everyone was watching his game cautiously and I think he was also being careful as well. I think he is pretty good too..
          Well perhaps he will enter the Nabeshima Cup this April 23rd in Dallas and I will get a chance to see him.
          Still not sure what his winning the Florida Open has to do with Moocow and my exchange about hansoku.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by KendoShiai
            ... One person, in two matches managed to get 8 Honsoku...
            Please do tell how he managed to accomplish this feat.

            Comment


            • #36
              Well...

              Well they basically stood up and just started to retreating and ran right out of bounds.

              Comment


              • #37
                ow, wow, why did I include your quote in there ???



                Originally posted by jmarsten
                Well perhaps he will enter the Nabeshima Cup this April 23rd in Dallas and I will get a chance to see him.
                Still not sure what his winning the Florida Open has to do with Moocow and my exchange about hansoku.

                Comment

                Working...
                X