X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent SEUSKF tournament pictures?

Does anyone who went to the tournament in Charlotte have any pictures they can share?

Orlando

Theres some posted up on the Orlando Kendo website under photo's.

www.orlandokendo.com

I've been trying to get my kohai to upload all the video that he took but he keeps blowing me off so i'll reply again if I ever get that material.

Comment

ok thanks...

Comment

uh don't mind me asking this, but who's that person who keeps jumping in to strike with both of his feet in the air?

Comment

Bunny men?

Comment

You mean that Nito-ryu guy doing jungle book style kirikeish ???

Originally posted by Masahiro
            uh don't mind me asking this, but who's that person who keeps jumping in to strike with both of his feet in the air?

Comment

Shidogakuin Miami

Here's my clubs pics from the tournament:

http://www.kanki.us/kendo/SEUSKF2004...004/index.html

and a Nito-Ryu video:

http://www.kanki.us/kendo/ito.html

Comment

Damn, apprently every dojo in SEUS have a copy of this Nito-ryu shiai.... Very soon he will be popular in worldwide...

Originally posted by Aru
                Here's my clubs pics from the tournament:

http://www.kanki.us/kendo/SEUSKF2004...004/index.html

and a Nito-Ryu video:

http://www.kanki.us/kendo/ito.html

Comment

Just watched the video. Never mind the nito, but wouldn't the excessive pushing constitutes a hansoku? There is no proper tai-atari whatsoever. It looks really really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
                    Just watched the video. Never mind the nito, but wouldn't the excessive pushing constitutes a hansoku? There is no proper tai-atari whatsoever. It looks really really bad.
                    I guess nito ryu was not hitting other opponent properly.. To me it is just swing. It is like your opponent keep hitting your elbows.... Isn't it ?? I don't know nito very well but to me, it is just swing..

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
                      Bunny men?
                      Hey thats a original SCI waza by misterkurukuru...he has patents for it

Comment

Maybe I can shed some light on the Nito-Ryu video. I saw this match live at the tournament. As a matter of fact the Nito player is my sempai and a very good friend of mine.
                        I agree with both Andoru and rainmaker partially. On one hand the pushing seemed extreme and very deserving of a hansoku call, but on the other hand I can understand the reason it happened. It's pretty clear to me from watching the video (which wasn't clear to me when I saw the match live) that the Ito player was getting frustrated by the continuous blows (or swings depending on how you see it) that he was receiving and felt that he's only recourse was to take some extreme measures. So, in a sense, the shoving was something that my sempai brought upon himself. This is why I believe that there was no hansoku call made by the shimpan.
                        To both these kendoka's credit, they both behaved as sportsmen and gentlemen at the end of the match, by apologizing to each other for their actions during the match.

Comment

That sounds cool.. I didn't meant to demean your sampai. I just do not know enough to make any comment about Nitoryu.. I guess they both did what they have to do. As Aru-san said earlier, yes, Ito guys seems very frustrated. Everyone was making comment about "hey, did you see that Nito kirikeish ???"

Originally posted by Aru
                          Maybe I can shed some light on the Nito-Ryu video. I saw this match live at the tournament. As a matter of fact the Nito player is my sempai and a very good friend of mine.
                          I agree with both Andoru and rainmaker partially. On one hand the pushing seemed extreme and very deserving of a hansoku call, but on the other hand I can understand the reason it happened. It's pretty clear to me from watching the video (which wasn't clear to me when I saw the match live) that the Ito player was getting frustrated by the continuous blows (or swings depending on how you see it) that he was receiving and felt that he's only recourse was to take some extreme measures. So, in a sense, the shoving was something that my sempai brought upon himself. This is why I believe that there was no hansoku call made by the shimpan.
                          To both these kendoka's credit, they both behaved as sportsmen and gentlemen at the end of the match, by apologizing to each other for their actions during the match.

Comment

I am glad they came to agreement after, however, I see no call for the lack of sportsmanship, the first push mabee (to send a message), the second should have been a foul. Like the old saying goes, "If you can't stand the heat GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN"

My humble 2 yen.

Comment

Originally posted by Inouye02
                              Hey thats a original SCI waza by misterkurukuru...he has patents for it
                              AH! so that's the infamous "bunny men". Is that mr. Kurukuru himeself performing his patented bunny men waza?

p.s. regardless of the constant blow/strike/swing delivered by the nito player, the ito player should not have pushed him out of the ring in such a manner. I would have given the ito player a hansoku right away. What division did the match take place in?

Comment

Working...
                              X