Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31st Annual Vancouver Kendo Club Tournament

Hello Everyone,

Just a heads up. The Annual Vancouver Kendo Taikai is soon approaching. Here's some info:

Saturday, January 22nd, 2005

I have sent out invitations to all dojos on the CKF, PNKF, SCKF, and Hawaii, and Alaska websites. I wanted to send out some to the NCKF, but there are no addresses on the website. If any of you are from NCKF, and want entry forms sent to your dojo's sensei, please send me a message! We are holding this shiai at a larger location, and are hoping that we will have more participants. The categories for this taikai are arranged by age, so for some of you, you will get the chance to fight different people than you're used to.

There is a really nice hotel located very close to the location, and we were able to get excellent rates!! For more info, please post a message!

oops!

Sorry guys....it will be the 41st Annual Vancouver Kendo Tournament. Not the 31st. It's alot older than you think! 41 years!!!

Comment

nice..gotta love tournament season, LOL

who are you ms.kendo? maybe i know you

Comment

Thanks for all your excitement!

I am from Vancouver Kendo Club, and I am one of the many girls there! ^^ You will definately see me at the Vancouver Tournament, as well as the Steveston. I hope to see you there!

PS-Are you from Steveston dojo?

Comment

Originally posted by ms.kendo

I am from Vancouver Kendo Club, and I am one of the many girls there! ^^ You will definately see me at the Vancouver Tournament, as well as the Steveston. I hope to see you there!

any OLDER girls there ??? hahaha

Comment

oooooh.....

anywho, what are the categories for the shiai or divisions?

~taganahan

Comment

Tournament Categories

Here are the categories. They are arranged by age, so your rank doesn't really matter here. It is an advantage for some, and an dis-advantage for others, but it's the way it has always been at our tournaments.

9 years and under
              10-12 years
              13-15 years
              16-20 years
              21-30 years
              31-40 years
              41 and over years
              Women's
              Junior Team
              Senior Team
              *There will be no dojo team again this year.

There is an excellent list of last years winners on the US Kendo website: http://www.kendo-usa.org/results/vancouver_2004.htm

PS-Jamie, I don't know if you'd be interested in our club...us girls are pretty scary....

Comment

Originally posted by ms.kendo

yup, sutebuston....
                im guessing your initials are YH?

Comment

16-20....damn i'm dead.

~taganahan

Comment

Ms.Kendo ...
                    i m Issac..
                    do you think i could participate for the 16-20 group?
                    ...>.<.....

0_0.......

1 more question when does the monday practice start ?

Comment

21-30 age group. That's Tenken, Tenken's brother, and Mr.Kurukuru. Plus all the tough guys from Canada. Looks like it's gonna be a really tough tournament for me. So what are we gonna do Ms.Kendo before and after the tournament? Wasabi ice cream??? Hmm.. maybe curry ice cream this time. Hahahah.

Comment

Issac...I'm sure you will be able to compete in the taikai. Just keep practicing hard. Don't worry. Hayashi-sensei will usually let you know if he wants you to be in the tournament. I will let him know you are interested.
                        As far as Monday practices, we're still in the process of confirming the place. But if all goes well, it looks like we should be able to practice from next Monday! I will e-mail all club members as soon as it is decided. See you @ practice on Friday!

MOOOOOOCOW~!!!!! so you guys are coming for sure? All of you? what are you going to do about Steveston?! Let me know what you decide. Us Vancouver'ers are going to be very busy probably before the taikai...so I'm hoping you guys can stay a bit after the tournament. Most likely the morning of the tournament, i'm going to be in and out of the house running to and from the gym, but it's really close to my house...i.e....it's in the mountains! Maybe we can work something out, if you guys are really coming, so that you can take my car...and maybe hang with my mom?!?! haha...
                        Make sure that you get an application form. There should've been one sent to you guys through the address that was on the SCKF site. If you don't get it within the week...let me know, ASAP! I'm going to be away for a month, so if you don't get it, then...you're kinda screwed, and I won't be here to help. All applications are due January 1st!

PS-OMG! you guys have to try the HEDGEHOG ICE CREAM!! I'm SOO addicted now!
                        Last edited by ms.kendo; 24th November 2004, 11:09 AM.

Comment

1 question out of curiousity....
                          Is Mako ur sister ? You guys look so alike each other..and with
                          the same last name....
                          And..Is Hayashi Sensei related to your guys?
                          BTW...I never seen Hayashi Sensei smile or anything..>.<...
                          -_-''.....I m kindda of scared if i want to talk to him ...

Comment

I have no idea how you could say that. Mako and Ms. Kendo look nothing alike. For one thing, Mako's about 1/2" taller.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X