X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musha
    I was just wondering if you were teaching Hayaku because whenever Niten ichi ryu is mentioned some one like Kaoru posts about how fake it is. I remember she said that no one in England would be qualified to teach it even if there is an Iaido dojyo I know of which does.

It also seems great being free and you know I am rarely sarcastic is my posts so I hope no one gets the wrong idea..

Hope some one takes some photos of the day .
    Musha, that wasn't the reason for your post and you know it. Read your first post in this thread. You said:

Some people here seem to have a monopoly on this controversial ryu ha so I wonder how skilled the people who will lead the class are.

Oh or is Colin wood the some people I was talking about?
    It is quite clear who you are indicating.
    That was your reason. So, don't blame me for your own thoughts. I did not put them in your head. It isn't fair to try to blame me for your post because you happened to be sarcastic and write what you did and get the reply you got. You have only yourself to blame.

BTW, "Hayaku" means "hurry." Hiyaku is what you mean phonetically.

はやく - hayaku 
    ひやく - hiyaku

As far as I know, this is correct.

Kaoru
    Last edited by Kaoru; 19th January 2005, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I promise you Hyaku and some others answered my question even if I seem to have the habit of sounding sarcastic and people usually take what I say the wrong way .  I do listen to people and got my impressions from your koryu infatuation Kaoru. Guess I took it the wrong way too.

P.S Some one told me what Hyaku's name meant though I'm not sure why. I don't like writing in romaji so I think why I made a mistake .

Comment

Post deleted
        Last edited by Hyaku; 19th January 2005, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musha
          I promise you Hyaku and some others answered my question even if I seem to have the habit of sounding sarcastic and people usually take what I say the wrong way .  I do listen to people and got my impressions from your koryu infatuation Kaoru. Guess I took it the wrong way too.

P.S Some one told me what Hyaku's name meant though I'm not sure why. I don't like writing in romaji so I think why I made a mistake .
          Before I say anything, take what the wrong way? I have been trying to work out just what you mean. Please explain? I don't want to reply before I understand what you mean. That would be stupid.

About the romaji, I don't like romaji also. I know exactly what you mean, so now I see why. Hey, we agree on something for once.

Kaoru

Comment

Originally posted by Hyaku
            Thanks Tim

Well Musha I did post this the other day.

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...1111#post81111
            Hi Hyaku-sensei,

To be honest, I hadn't even seen your post there until I saw this post. I'm sorry.

And, I actually had planned all on my own, not to say anything in this thread when I saw it. A couple others taught me some things a week or so ago...

Kaoru

Comment

This page has already got two pages of unnecessary stuff and I really don't want to ruin this topic .
              My impression was that Imai-sensei being the head-master of the Niten ichi ryu school acted as the head of a federation like the head of the BKA in England. He took track of his students around Japan and other countries to make sure they did not teach hyoho niten ichi ryu in the wrong way.

From what I've heard hear there are some people not connected to Imai-sensei's school teaching ni-ten-ichiryu who picked up the techniques but not enough to teach them. I was wondering if the people running the seminar in England were connected in the school and Hyaku and others here said they were .

In another post I said at Masamune England they teach Niten ichi ryu but you didn't think so Kaoru. Anyway what I said at the beginning.

Comment

Final details about the seminar.

Cost for the day is 15.

Please refrain from making aspersions about the structure of various organisations and qualifications of instructors. I had a feeling this thread would go this way, and was hesitant about posting the information.

A public forum on the internet is not a suitable place to discuss this.

Comment

I'm sorry Zeal I don't think that at all. BTW I think you should put this on the calendar if you want to get more interested .

Comment

[QUOTE=Musha]
                    My impression was that Imai-sensei being the head-master of the Niten ichi ryu school acted as the head of a federation like the head of the BKA in England. He took track of his students around Japan and other countries to make sure they did not teach hyoho niten ichi ryu in the wrong way.
                    That's not it.

From what I've heard hear there are some people not connected to Imai-sensei's school teaching ni-ten-ichiryu who picked up the techniques but not enough to teach them.
                    Yes that's true.

I was wondering if the people running the seminar in England were connected in the school and Hyaku and others here said they were .
                    Well, the way you asked should have been more polite. If I was you, If I really wanted to know about the teachers in this seminar, I'd have made a PM to Hyaku-sensei stating only my own thoughts and leave others out of it. If I do include others, I am polite about who it is I need to include. That is what I would have done in your place. Inquiring in the way you did, was just not right.

In another post I said at Masamune England they teach Niten ichi ryu but you didn't think so Kaoru. Anyway what I said at the beginning.
                    Thank you Musha-san, you finally got it right. I only said I didn't think so(Was unsure due to lack of site info then.), and never did say they didn't. And, I did find out they are connected long ago, BTW.

And, ZealUK-san is right. This is no place for such a discussion.

Kaoru
                    Last edited by Kaoru; 20th January 2005, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Zeal,
                      I'll be there (to quote that Jackons song...) but will need a niten set as I guess no-one fancies clashing with my 'normal' kendo bokken set..there is no way I am going to use the one Iwata sensei gave me, so can you ask Mark for a spare set.
                      I should really get round to making some I suppose...
                      Look forward to seeing everyone. And making sure Mark doesnt hog the choccie biscuits.

Comment

No problem, I'll ask if there's a spare set.

I left my kodachi in Edinburgh, so I'll have to get another anyway!

Comment

Working...
                        X