No announcement yet.

Masamune Goodwill Taikai

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masamune Goodwill Taikai

26 – 28 June 2015

Masamune Dojo is proud to present the 12th Masamune Goodwill Taikai to be held in Henley in Arden, West Midlands, United Kingdom

We invite all Iaidoka regardless of style practiced to this great opportunity together in the spirit of Budo. This is a small event so the teaching is really excellent and intensive but in a friendly atmosphere conducive to learning.

Morita Tadahiko Sensei- Hachidan Kyoshi
    Oshita Masakazu Sensei- Hachidan Kyoshi

Fay Goodman - Nanadan Renshi
    Peter West - Nanadan Renshi
    Anna Stone - Rokudan Renshi
    John Honisz-Greens - Rokudan Renshi

Warwickshire College
    Henley-in-Arden, Stratford Road
    Warwickshire B95 6AB

26 June 2015 Friday afternoon & evening 14:00 - 20:00
    27 June 2015 Saturday (registration 9.00 am) 09.30 - 17.00
    28 June 2015 Sunday morning practice 09:00 - 12:00
    28 June 2015 Masamune Goodwill Taikai* 13:00 - 16:30
    • We are delighted to confirm that Oshita Sensei and the family of Haruna Sensei have arranged for the Haruna Sensei Nanadan Trophy to be presented each year to a worthy Iaido-ka. We are very grateful for this generous and considerate donation to make the Masamune Goodwill Taikai a very special annual celebration of Iaido in memory of Haruna Matsuo Sensei.
    There will also be dinner at The White Swan Hotel in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire, B95 5BY ( on Saturday 27th June where a tapas menu (including a vegetarian menu) is served so everyone can mingle with the sensei and have a chat. The cost is £19.50 but the venue will only hold 40 people so please express your desire to join us quickly.

Seminar and Taikai £110.00 inclusive
    One day attendance fee £55.00
    Dinner on 27th June £19.50

Treasurer: Please make cheques payable to ‘Masamune Dojo’ and send directly to: 113 Vibart Road, Yardley, Birmingham B26 2AB. To make a direct payment please contact me directly for bank details.

Hotel/B&B: Please visit:

There are some lovely hotels and B&B but book early as they go very quickly. You may like to book somewhere in Stratford-upon-Avon for sight seeing and get a taxi to the venue! The distance is about 8 miles (18 minutes with no traffic). Other areas to consider are Hockley Heath, Knowle and Solihull which are all fairly close by. Please check your distances if you choose any of these other options.

Transport: The venue is approximately 23 minutes by car from Birmingham Airport and Birmingham International Rail Station with no traffic problems. If you arrive by train to Solihull Train Station is it also about 23 minutes by car to Henley-on-Arden.

If you require any assistance on accommodation or transport please email and we will try to assist you: or call Anil on +44 (0)7932 032072 – thank you

Masamune Goodwill Taikai 26 - 28 June 2015 REGISTRATION FORM

Style: Jikiden Shinden Other

Your Grade

Note: All Rokudan please bring montsuki for the Taikai thank you

Contact No:

Friday evening attendance: YES/NO (please circle)

Flight details: (Please include time of arrival)

Accommodation details:
    MEDICAL INFORMATION: (Please complete below in case of emergency or accident)

Emergency contact name:

Emergency contact number:

Please advise us of any medical issues affecting your training

FIRST AID - please confirm if First Aid qualified YES/NO

Any other relevant information:

I hope you're getting your applications in for this seminar. Its likely to be very popular because of the presence of both Morita- and Oshita Sensei!

Interesting. The two will be there for the summer seminar as well, I hope? Soon as I hear something, I'm prepared to book.

I think this this year is Ishido Sensei's turn to be the senior teacher at the summer seminar, Michael.

Just a reminder to get yourselves booked onto this event. The venue for the meal with Morita and Oshita Sensei on Saturday night has changed its name (Stoneaged) and its menu substantially, please have a look here.

It looks more varied that their previous menu.