Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowden Taikai

So, who will be there tomorrow?.

Jakob

the five-headed beast that is timeline / sa mu / ginger justice / two decidedly shorter gentlemen will be there, armed to the teeth, and thinking nothing nice.

edit: by shorter, i refer to their total height. the rest is for you to judge, in the showers.
    Last edited by ginger_justice; 4th June 2005, 08:26 AM. Reason: a missed willy joke opportunity

Comment

Hmm, having read several of your posts here, I think I will just avoid the showers tomorrow <G>

Jakob

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt
        Hmm, having read several of your posts here, I think I will just avoid the showers tomorrow <G>

Jakob

funny showers, those. those motion sensor things didn't believe i was there. there's a conspiracy to make me smell.

incidentally, would i be right in thinking that you and dave bell had an ai-jodan fight on the left-hand shiajo? fierce stuff, very impressive to watch. don't know if you saw the final, but someone else tried to pull jodan on him after fighting in chudan for most of the shiai, which struck me as being an idea not disimilar to saying rude things about people who wear a lot of black in a room full of heavily-armed ninjas.

good day's kendo, characterised in my case by a rather excessive swing to the dark side; i won a fight and drew one, despite not landing a single scoring cut, and found myself engaged in the most psychotically violent match of my life after the other shiaijo'd finished; i've waited a long time for such a golden opportunity to terrify and shame the BKA. i looked over at honda-sensei's table, to see him grinning broadly; i assume he was merely deriving great jpy from my expert demonstration of the esoteric elephant-seal waza.

Comment

Great day, great people, great final. Many thanks Kagami Shin!!!!

Just a bloody shame I left my hakama and keikogi there!!
          Well done all Nenriki crew.

Jakob, was that you in Jodan against Mr Bell? Jodan vs Jodan !!

Comment

Wow GinJus, debana post, beat me by a whole minute! Get down the pub, about 9.

Comment

Yeah, it was me against Bell..was fun!
              In the final, you are talking about Mazouka. He *normally* plays in jodan!. I think the reason he changed was that he didnt think he was going to score from seigan, so he changed to jodan.
              As for rooms full of ninja's...I think Nenriki got that one cornered!!

Jakob

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt
                In the final, you are talking about Mazouka. He *normally* plays in jodan!. I think the reason he changed was that he didnt think he was going to score from seigan, so he changed to jodan.
                aaah, cheers, the whole second half of that fight makes much more sense now. i was wondering where mazouka's jodan came from, if you see what i mean; thought he might've adopted it because of the deadlock in chudan, but it looked far too good to be something he was just playing with to see if it'd make any difference. thanks for clearing that up.

i didn't realise there were so many jodanites in the BKA; it was very cool, and very informative, to see it done properly. i'd assumed the jodan fighters'd all be six-foot-ten goliaths; watching comparatively well-proportioned people using jodan to such great effect served to underline the effect it has on distance and so on.

i hereby declare the three jodan chaps i saw at bowden to be Very Cool Individuals; watching hard double-handed men cuts being swatted aside with an apparant lack of concern by a one-handed jodan counter was the spectatorial highlight of my day; more power to your (left) arms...

as for my debana post, i thought you might be typing something, and i consider it my duty to get in before you've finished...

Comment

where are the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Paburo
                    where are the pictures?

Here's one while I sort out an album..

Comment

Yep, everyone on the funbus (thats UCL + Nenriki) had a great time, thanks again to kagami shin kendo for organising the tournament. And for my iceream bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Anjin-san
                        Yep, everyone on the funbus (thats UCL + Nenriki) had a great time, thanks again to kagami shin kendo for organising the tournament. And for my iceream bowl
                        aye, congratulations. i recommend locking it away before your next club night out; judging from those photos, it'd end up full of something, and i doubt it'd be ice-cream.

you all looked like you'd got over the collective hang-over, which was worthy of a collective fighting spirit award on its own. i had a cunning plan to drink a small amount of sake and breathe it into the face of any UCL people i fought, in the hope that it'd trigger a proustian memory and cause my victim to faint, or run outside in search of a traffic cone, but, alas, we never had the pleasure.

Comment

incidentally, if either of my opponents is on here, speak up; we should compare bruise recovery rates. i've got a corker on one shoulder, and the hand-crunching tai-ataris from the second round've increased my range on the guitar by a good tone-and-a-half.

first round was a mr. saxton, from oxford, i believe; was sufficiently knackered at the end our fight that i tripped over three people's shinais on the way out of the shiaijo, thereby technically cutting off my own feet.

second was a chap in a woody do who graded for shodan at watchet with a friend of mine; sorry, the name escapes me, but you provided me with the most vigourous fight of my life, felt like a real man by the end of that one.

would be good to hear you're both still talking to me, as it were.

apologies for the double post. typing's hard when you've only got one finger...
                          Last edited by ginger_justice; 6th June 2005, 10:21 AM.

Comment

who won the bowden and premier then?

Comment

Nenriki won the bowden, (Aki, Hiro, Will, Oliver and Adrian) and Gibbo won the premier.

Comment

Working...
                              X