X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago 2005??

Does anyone know anything about the AUSKF/MWKF event in Chicago in October (I think is when)??

Please post dates and details if you have them.

I can't wait, as this will be my first competition and grading.

They haven't posted any information yet. My advice would be to check their website often to see if they've posted. The tournament is usually in November, I believe the second weekend, although that's subject to change.

www.midwestkendo.com

Hope to see you there.

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for the link, I probably had it here somewhere.

I could have sworn that our dojo said it was in October. Practice is tomorrow so I'll check then.

Comment

Nobody Knows

Well, no one here can remember the dates of previous meets there. I think most of the members missed last year so it's been at least two years since many of them have been there.

I keep looking but still don't see anything about dates anywhere.

Oh Well!

Comment

if you guys can find the dates, I think Team SCI might be interested is going to the tournament..

Comment

Clueless

OK, Please clue me in. I'm new. Who is team SCI?

Does anyone know the club that hosts this one? (Chicago)

Comment

John,

I believe it's actually the Midwest Kendo Federation that is hosting it. I sent you a copy of the tournament info from 2004, and even though it's out of date, the information might be of some assistance to you. At least, it will give you points of contact and approximate date/time/locations to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by #2 mouse
                OK, Please clue me in. I'm new. Who is team SCI?

Does anyone know the club that hosts this one? (Chicago)
                While rumor has it that the Southern California Invasion are really the covert operatives of the Yamaguchi-gumi to the AUSKF, all we can prove is that they are a group of kenshi from West Covina, Venice and perhaps one or two other dojos who enjoy taking home trophies from PNKF taikais.

We think they kidnapped our man Jerry Helmick a few months back and are holding him for ransom.

Comment

The Annual Midwest Taikai? It's in November. Heard it's taking place in Minneapolis this year...not positive on that. I'd wait for official word.

Comment

OK, I'm waiting. When anyone finds out let us all know.

Comment

"Southern California Invasion are really the covert operatives of the Yamaguchi-gumi to the AUSKF, all we can prove is that they are a group of kenshi from West Covina, Venice and perhaps one or two other dojos who enjoy taking home trophies from PNKF taikais."

SCI is Southern California Independant (not invasion)

I have been floating the idea of forming a PNI (Pacific Northwest Ind.) team that we would send to other taikais around the country. It seems unfair to have a team of the best people in a federation compete with federation dojo teams, but I am sure Torrance, West Covina and perhaps Venice would still clean up at the taikais they attend.

Comment

Hey, don't forget Shotokyo!

Comment

Originally posted by durrell4

I have been floating the idea of forming a PNI (Pacific Northwest Ind.) team that we would send to other taikais around the country. It seems unfair to have a team of the best people in a federation compete with federation dojo teams, but I am sure Torrance, West Covina and perhaps Venice would still clean up at the taikais they attend.
                          ummmm. I think it IS in fact invasion, not Independant. And ask Inouye02 for the origin. You will be surprised. haha. Also, they did win at a recent tournament in Hawaii too.

Covina itself has enough people to win. Their dojo had 4 or 5 members winning perpetuals in indies and in tournament at the past US nationals.

Well, if "PNI" were to be formed, i'd already know 3 people who would be on the team for sure.

Tim
                          Last edited by samurai999; 8th July 2005, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by durrell4
                            "Southern California Invasion are really the covert operatives of the Yamaguchi-gumi to the AUSKF, all we can prove is that they are a group of kenshi from West Covina, Venice and perhaps one or two other dojos who enjoy taking home trophies from PNKF taikais."

But we are a Federation Dojo Team, Vevina ( Venice/Covina ) 6 from Venice, 3 from covina, 2 past U.S. Team WKC members, 4 are still in the tryouts for the 2006 team, 4 are old dudes, 1 is a future team member in the making...

it's " Invasion " depending where we go, other wise it's " individuals"

and we love the "Japanese Consul Trophy" it's on display at Westwood 1 radio station...
                            Last edited by Inouye02; 8th July 2005, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #2 mouse
                              Does anyone know anything about the AUSKF/MWKF event in Chicago in October (I think is when)??

Please post dates and details if you have them.

I can't wait, as this will be my first competition and grading.
                              November 5 & 6, Rochester, Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                              X