X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nisei Week results?

Hey there, does anyone have the results of the Nisei Week kendo extravaganza out in socal. Yudansha have not gone yet, right?

Results should be posted within the next few days or after the Nikkei Games Tournament on 8/21 at the L.A. Sports Arena on the SCKF website ( www.eanet.com/sckf ). The webmistress can get busy with work at times, so please be patient.

The Nikkei Games Tournament on the 21st will be all yudansha.

Comment

yeah, just kyu level. sho tokyo won team against norwalk, who fielded a team of only 4. i think tekin and hertz made it to adult kyu finals. not sure who won, i dont want to guess. i was busy eating bento... g. lee won womens kyu, no surprise. i didnt pay attention to any of the youth matches.

Comment

Go shotokyo!!

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee
          yeah, just kyu level. sho tokyo won team against norwalk, who fielded a team of only 4. i think tekin and hertz made it to adult kyu finals. not sure who won, i dont want to guess. i was busy eating bento... g. lee won womens kyu, no surprise. i didnt pay attention to any of the youth matches.
          Hertz placed first in Adult Kyu Group 2 by beating his archrivals, Chu from Norwalk and Hoang from UCSD...OCB BABY! WOOHOO!!!

I was amazed Team Norwalk placed second...they were just as plucky as the Nakagawa brothers at the SCKO Memorial Day Tournament this year.

My mistake on the yudansha only at Nikkei Games...it looks like there will be kyu there too, but in a 2-person team format...at least that's according to the information on the SCKF website.
          Last edited by Ralutin; 9th August 2005, 05:28 AM.

Comment

congrats to hoang-san

That was a fun tournament - although full of kenshi who would rather push/shove than play kendo.

Major props to Hoang from UCSD!

Comment

yeah i lost to chu in third round. i thought he was real solid. smart kenshi, i could tell he was reading me. we also lost to norwalk in team match.

i guess i was kinda confused about adult kyu brackets. i thought group 1 and group 2 winners fought. but like i said, i was too busy eating. why does sckf give two sets of trophies for the two brackets anyway?

i hate tournaments.... wake up early, spend the whole morning standing around until noon hoping to have more than 3 minutes worth of action, which only half of all competitors do. and then usually have to stay the rest of the day til the end.

im not going to do nikkei games. 1 tournament a month is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee
                yeah i lost to chu in third round. i thought he was real solid. smart kenshi, i could tell he was reading me. we also lost to norwalk in team match.

i guess i was kinda confused about adult kyu brackets. i thought group 1 and group 2 winners fought. but like i said, i was too busy eating. why does sckf give two sets of trophies for the two brackets anyway?

i hate tournaments.... wake up early, spend the whole morning standing around until noon hoping to have more than 3 minutes worth of action, which only half of all competitors do. and then usually have to stay the rest of the day til the end.

im not going to do nikkei games. 1 tournament a month is enough for me.
                Yeah, Michael's kendo is pretty damn good, which is a testament to his dojo and instructors.

Just wait until you reach the yudansha brackets where you'll end up waiting until the early afternoon and can't eat your lunch lest you yak it all up during your match afterwards.

In the ten years that I've been doing kendo competitions, I've never once competed at Nikkei Games...

Comment

I wish I was there again

Comment

Originally posted by kourinnoseiji
                    That was a fun tournament - although full of kenshi who would rather push/shove than play kendo.
                    You sorta expect that in a kyu tournament.. Hamamura from Norwalk was doing "freestyle kendo". haha

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by kuzu70
                      Go shotokyo!!
                      meh.. homefield advantage. :P

Tim

Comment

Whats "free style" kendo?

Comment

Think about it as "kids being kids"..

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by kourinnoseiji
                            That's what I heard.
                            Did any of you comepete in the Nikkei Game - Kyu division? I was wondering what people thought of the "two person/score all you can" format?? Especially since you did not know who your teammate was going to be ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                            X