Clear All

See Here

Comment

Originally posted by WhoIsRight
      If you current bogu is not even looked used why bother buy
      another set?
      Buying expansive bogu does not help those who doesn't practice hard
      get better in kendo.

I think some ppl in here are confused with devotion to kendo = spending money on it
      just cuz u spend a lot on kendo doesnt mean you are devoted

1 bogu , 1 men towel , 1 carbon , gi&haka = at least 15 years of non stop kendo..
      Erm, how do you know?

A bad fitting men in my case is dangerous as told by my sensei, the chin guard "digs" into my throat. I have good cause to buy another men.

Comment

they only come in 6mm?

Comment

Yep, 6mm...

Comment

stitch width is only one factor

Comment

Actually, if you train regularly enough you should have at least 2 men and 3 kote to rotate between keiko.

Comment

Originally posted by kanyil
                Actually, if you train regularly enough you should have at least 2 men and 3 kote to rotate between keiko.
                I can understand about kote, but the men seem to dry overnight?

Comment

I guess that would depend on where you live. In some places the humidity can be 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander
                    Erm, how do you know?

A bad fitting men in my case is dangerous as told by my sensei, the chin guard "digs" into my throat. I have good cause to buy another men.
                    Let this be a lesson to all noobies, ask your sensei!
                    If Commander had asked her sensei before hand and/or asked him when she got it they could have sent it back or got one from a different supplier.
                    (I'm assuming she went off and got it on her own and never asked sensei about the fit when she got it because it now is several months later and according to her posts she just now asked his advice)

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                      Let this be a lesson to all noobies, ask your sensei!
                      If Commander had asked her sensei before hand and/or asked him when she got it they could have sent it back or got one from a different supplier.
                      (I'm assuming she went off and got it on her own and never asked sensei about the fit when she got it because it now is several months later and according to her posts she just now asked his advice)
                      Ignatz, for your information it was my sensei who helped me with my bogu back last year, however my men has been loose, possibly due to alot of sweat absorbed hence it being stretched.

Never assume, its making an ass out of you and me.

My sensei is great at offering advice aswell other kendoka which i take advantage of as they are more experianced than me.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Commander
                        Ignatz, for your information it was my sensei who helped me with my bogu back last year, however my men has been loose, possibly due to alot of sweat absorbed hence it being stretched.
                        So when you got it it was a good fit and now it isn't because of all of the sweat from your hard work. That's pretty amazing.

Comment

Hey you 2 stop this.

We're not in the flame section aren't we

Comment

Originally posted by LarsCW
                            Hey you 2 stop this.

We're not in the flame section aren't we
                            Not a flame Lars. It never fit right.
                            http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6456

Comment

It's possible for a mistake to be made on a measurement, and also for the shop to make a mistake. Did your sensei check it for fit when it arrived, or did you just tell him it was OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                                It's possible for a mistake to be made on a measurement, and also for the shop to make a mistake. Did your sensei check it for fit when it arrived, or did you just tell him it was OK?
                                We both checked it and it was fine, its been a year now and its been worn many times.

Not to worry now anyway my sensei is going to buy my old men from me for the club, we're gonna get me all measured up on sunday aswell.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X