Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see your mine men!

Hi all,

Just thought i'd start a thread for everyone who has a mine men to post pics of their individual customisations!

Originally posted by Commander
    Hi all,

Just thought i'd start a thread for everyone who has a mine men to post pics of their individual customisations!
    So, where are yours?

I posted these already in response to somebody's request in the Chiba Bogu thread, so here they are again.

Men 01
    Men 02
    Men 03

Comment

here's my contribution, will upload new pics soon

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8030/mine5ek.jpg
      http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9958/dark0kx.jpg
      http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5295/dark16di.jpg

Comment

Nice pics guys! really making me drool

I've not got mine yet, will be ordering soon. How long did yours take? I am only getting the men, do you think it would take a long time?

Comment

Is titanium considerably heavier than alloy?

What is the difference between IBB and titanium?

Comment

How about trying the search function for the 17 million posts on this subject.

Comment

my understanding is titanium is heavier, and IBB ti is 100g heavier than standard ti.

check the below link.

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...62387495961061

pete

Comment

Other than the center of gravity, the mono-mi is 1mm wider than the standard grille.

Comment

Hmm, might aswell just get titanium then.

Comment

If you read the pages at Chiba you see what they recommend for women, the men with standard ti mengane.

My cheap korean standard ti men is definitivly heavier than my japanese IBB alloy men. That can also be due to overall construction. I felt the weight in the beginning but now it doesn't bother me. The Ti feels as though it vibrates
                    less, the cuts are "plonk" instead of "diiiinnnggg".

Comment

Originally posted by tantadi
                      If you read the pages at Chiba you see what they recommend for women, the men with standard ti mengane.

My cheap korean standard ti men is definitivly heavier than my japanese IBB alloy men. That can also be due to overall construction. I felt the weight in the beginning but now it doesn't bother me. The Ti feels as though it vibrates
                      less, the cuts are "plonk" instead of "diiiinnnggg".
                      hehehe, no probs. I'll be sure to get titanium.

Comment

Nice pics guys! really making me drool

I've not got mine yet, will be ordering soon. How long did yours take? I am only getting the men, do you think it would take a long time?
                        My order was for full bogu and took about 2.5 months. For men only, I would imagine the time to be somewhat shorter as it seemed the do had the longest construction time in my case. But you should just ask them, as I imagine every case is different.

Comment

My wife and I ordered our bogu in mid October of last year, and it arrived in California during the week between Christmas and New Years, so I guess it was a bit over 2 months.

As I understand it there can be considerable variation in the delivery time depending on the time of the year. As I recall towards this time of the year all of the boguya are backed up due to the end of the school year. At least that was the story I got a couple of years ago when I ordered my Koei kote.

YMMV,

RC_Kenshi

P.S. Both my wife's standard Ti and my IBB Pro Ti men weigh more (verified on kitchen scale) than our previous Korean-made men, but both lighter due to better balance (I suppose).
                          Last edited by RC_Kenshi; 16th May 2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

If you current bogu is not even looked used why bother buy
                            another set?
                            Buying expansive bogu does not help those who doesn't practice hard
                            get better in kendo.

I think some ppl in here are confused with devotion to kendo = spending money on it
                            just cuz u spend a lot on kendo doesnt mean you are devoted

1 bogu , 1 men towel , 1 carbon , gi&haka = at least 15 years of non stop kendo..
                            Last edited by WhoIsRight; 16th May 2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

What exactly is "mine" men? Like, customized and stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X