X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th KWC

I have a few questions about the 13th KWC. Is there a possibility it might be webcast, or that vids will be available from it? And when will it take place?

The 13th Kendo World Championships are scheduled for Dec 8 - 9 - 10 in Taipai, Taiwan. I have not heard of any web-casts, but haven't really been looking either. However, in this day and age, I would be surprised if there wasn't one to found somewhere.

Comment

Any one here going either to compete or view?

Comment

I really wish someome would air it. ESPN2 at the very least. I seriously was flipping channels one day and they had video game championships on ESPN2. My friends had to hear me rant about that for weeks.

Comment

your joking, video games, that makes the poker tournements look like a swim meet. lol i guess thiere playing to a cretain audiance ive seen a few martial arts stuff on there, not much kendo related though

Comment

naaah...kendo, unless you understand it is pretty much boring for the rest of the world. With exception to the High School competitions where they are more physical and reckless...

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
              naaah...kendo, unless you understand it is pretty much boring for the rest of the world. With exception to the High School competitions where they are more physical and reckless...
              I disagree. Sure the more you know the more interesting it is, but I used to show one of my KWC videos to my third grade students after we did a series of art projects based on Japanese art. They loved it. And sure third graders are easy to please, but I also used to do demos for local schools elementary up to high school (including summer school kids) and they always thought it was really cool.

On ESPN2 it might not get the highest ratings, but it sure would be better than a lot of the crap they got on there.

Comment

Working...
              X