X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psyching up

does anybody here uses music for their workout? Like a very fast beat while doing continous suburi?

haven't before, very tempted now though...you could use the kendo world theme tune...

Comment

Originally posted by kartoffelngeist
      haven't before, very tempted now though...you could use the kendo world theme tune...

oohhh yeah!! i can see myself now doing haya suburi without my keikogi on!

but this is what i use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC2SQSY5FAA

Comment

I do when using weights, haven't when doing any type of kendo work outs. Though it's allways been a dream to practice kendo with a taiko dojo performing at the same time.

Comment

I like to listen to music at home with my other exercises like stretches or push-ups and crunches, but not with my suburi. If I pay too much attention to the beat of the song I may start just swing away, instead of making indiviual, nice cuts.

But I've seen people use music during kata performances in karate.

Comment

If you like music when doing suburi try Anton aus Tyrol by DJ tzi was used for suburi at the Swedish national training seminars up until a few years ago. It's a good song since the tempo is perfect and a really "genki" song. You can also use it's raing men just because of the name.

Comment

you got a sample in url?

by the way this is what im using at the moment..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRxq7mSC1SE

Comment

Before I had a backyard, so I was training inside, I would listen to Taikoz, and Australian Taiko troupe accompanied by Lee Riley (or is that Riley Lee? I can never remember) a shakuhachi master, whilst doing my chi kung, tai chi routines and kendo practise. Now it's just me, the birds and the wind

Comment

Ice Cube and Lil' Jon - "Roll Call"

haha seriously no but I could imagine doing weightlifting and boxing with that, but not sword stuff, too "out of control"

By the way I liked that "Goodtime Charlie" you posted up!

Comment

Originally posted by MiChuhSuh
                    Ice Cube and Lil' Jon - "Roll Call"

haha seriously no but I could imagine doing weightlifting and boxing with that, but not sword stuff, too "out of control"

By the way I liked that "Goodtime Charlie" you posted up!
                    thats chet and earl for you, it would have been the 3 of us playing together but i was busy practicing kendo. But i havnt regretted the path ive chosen...

Comment

I found the song.
                      http://gothakendo.com/download/ the second item on the list. It's hosted by a swedish kendoclub so guess their server will see som extra traffic this week. Unfortunately this is the version that fades out in the end, makes it hard to know when to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by steelkendo
                        you got a sample in url?

by the way this is what im using at the moment..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRxq7mSC1SE

Really soft one. I like Rurouni Kenshin Sound Track for training.

Nice song anyway.

Comment

I perfer to get amped up right before keiko.

Pink Floyd- One of these days

Comment

Working...
                          X