X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing...?

As a training tool, I 've been filming the kendo classes, with a sony cybershot , on a tripod.

the 256MB memo stick, gives me 19min at a decent resolution.

I need to edit them to share them at class, and to post on website, because they are too long, and sometimes there is nothing of interest happening for some time.

I have no experience with video editing, and so far the program I 've tried, is not so friendly.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to where to start....?

any help will be appreciated.

microsoft movie maker is the simplest and easiest to use.

comes bundled with windowsXP free, in the latest version.

ive used adobe premier, allows different compression codecs and more versatile, but whatever, microsoft movie maker gets the job done. everyone has windows media player, and .wmv compression is almost as good as divx without having to bother with everyone having to have the right codec.

ive tried to use a lot of other free software, they just dont cut it.

i also try to capture a lot of my matches with my cheapie cybershot. i upgraded from a 256mb to 1gb memory stick. i can get over 40 mins now. i run out of batteries before i run out of memory.
    Last edited by T.Lee; 22nd June 2006, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Pinnacle Studio is (now) pretty decent, but the software I thought I had bought last November wasn't actually stable and functional until the April update. It DOES require some CPU horsepower to do the mpeg compression.

Comment

Buy a MAC.
        If I can make one work, anyone can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
          Buy a MAC.
          Death first.

Comment

Here's a useful link

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/sof...tfreesw_ro.htm

Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are pretty easy to use.

Comment

Thanks every one...

Will follow leads, except for the mac...

not that I dont think it's sleek, but my commitment to pc's is very well established by work's network.

will share my videos as soon as they are light enough to do so.

untill then,

and again thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea
                Death first.
                I have always thought that if recreational drugs were made legal the economy would crash. All of the cops, prosecutors, prison guards etc. would be out of work. I guess PC's are the same kind of thing. All of the people who make a living getting them to work would be on the bread line.

Comment

I like ULEAD VideoStudio if you are using a Windows machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                    I have always thought that if recreational drugs were made legal the economy would crash. All of the cops, prosecutors, prison guards etc. would be out of work. I guess PC's are the same kind of thing. All of the people who make a living getting them to work would be on the bread line.
                    Mea culpa. I'm a Software Quality Engineer. I get paid to break stuff. Imagine a world without Critical Updates. Hell, I'd have to learn an honest trade then.

Comment

Working...
                    X