X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution

Evolution is what they named this video, and it comes close to reality.

This isnt the best free running that I have seen, but there is some realy hardcore moves in the video that I have never seen before in my life(in one part, one of the guys pulls off a Neo, you will know what I am talking about). Watch it.

http://www.2flashgames.com/viewlink....26.htm&id=2221

Peace.

It's not abad piece, but I'm not sure why they call it evolution. Stuff like this has been going on for 20 years or more.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed61086
      Evolution is what they named this video, and it comes close to reality.

This isnt the best free running that I have seen, but there is some realy hardcore moves in the video that I have never seen before in my life(in one part, one of the guys pulls off a Neo, you will know what I am talking about). Watch it.

http://www.2flashgames.com/viewlink....26.htm&id=2221

Peace.
      That is an awesome display of human performance!

Comment

I gotta say i really love this stuff. Never tried it, could be something for me perhaps :P.

Comment

For me there was nothing special in that. I also picked out some really bad technique. Some guy did a gym roll on concrete, thats going to break his back one day. Also to much free running for my tastes. Some alright flips and gainers in there nothing I havn't seen or done before though. Some nice downward kongs. But that lazy to turn vault come on where is the sense in that, its slower then a normail turn vault and stupider.

Efficiency over flair any day.
          Stuff like this has been going on for 20 years or more.
          I'm afraid to say your wrong. It had been going on but it did not have a name. Ahmed had it right when he called it Free Running but it is an offshoot of Parkour that has only been outside of France since around 2000.
          Last edited by Shuai Jan; 9th July 2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

That was good stuff. I think the coolest part of that whole vid was the guy holding himself horizontally on the pole. That takes some serious muscle.

Comment

That was good stuff. I think the coolest part of that whole vid was the guy holding himself horizontally on the pole. That takes some serious muscle.
              Believe it or not that isn't too hard. you will notice his bottom hand is pushing against the pole and the top one pulling. This creates a balance you could say. Then all you do is sort of lock your elbows in place, it's called a flag.

Now if I could only do Kendo half as good as I can Parkour

Comment

You have to admit, that the neo wall climb (3 full steps) was pretty amazing.

Comment

that stuff cant be good 4 ur knees or ancles

Comment

You'd be amazed at how strong these parkour guys are. They're "bruce-lee" fit; sometimes even stronger.

Comment

I'm willing to bet more than a few of these guys are also Copoeira artists, I see a lot of similar moves and kicks as well as flips. Check out these links and tell me what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58825853912564
                      Much more traditional^

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70453514639326
                      Much more free form^check out the flags and wall runs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...39438992961663
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35292901006641
                      Joe Eigo nijaer extraordinaire.
                      Good watches though either way.

Comment

I think that their level of fitness comes from using the entire body for movement as well as the way they use their mind to propel themselves.

Comment

Well I am a Traceur and my normal workour is 100 sit ups 50 push ups. Weight training and around 10 pushups from a handstand (leaning on a wall). Trust me when I say that is nothing. I've seen guys built like tanks from doing this. Erin McNaughts(Miss Universe entrant) Brother, Beau is huge. He can do a 4m precision jump most people can only catleap.

Yes many of us do practice other disciplines such as Copiera and Ninjitsu. And Parkour does utilise most body parts. In the last two months I have put on about an extra 5kg in muscle from big training sessions a few times a month and small sessions (jams) throughout the day.

And no it isn't good on joints WITHOUT CONDITIONING! We go through lots of conditioning strengthening our joints before we do any major training in cities and the likes. Anyone wanting to try Parkour is welcome. You need no special equipment or anything. I recommend you visit www.urbanfreeflow.com for more details.

P.S sorry about the advert but we are always looking to expand the reach of Parkour through the community.
                          Yojimbo if you want a look at Parkour in Australia you can visit www.pkaus.com the website is down atm. but it should be back up soon.
                          Last edited by Shuai Jan; 5th August 2006, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X