X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Tenugui Design.

Just decided I'd design some tenugui layouts to alleviate my boredom.

This is the first one I have done so far:

Comments?

Hey that looks cool! Good Job!

Cheers,
    Drew

Comment

Nice!

Can you explain the significance of the fish?

Comment

I dunno; I like koi. Like I said, it's just something to do when I'm bored. There's no real purpose... It's more like complex doodling. I can't say that they would make good tenugui, either. I just make them within the tenugui's dimensions.

Comment

=o Add some kanji, and your set. Aren't there companies that do Tenugui designs for people?

Comment

Yeah, but you have to buy a set of, like, 300. Not that I would use that one or anything...

Comment

Still, Marc, that's pretty darn good work. I like David's idea of adding some kanji. It would be WAY non-traditional. But new traditions have to start somewhere, sometime.

Comment

Hey I like it. What are the inch or pixel dimensions for a Tenugui?

Thanks

Comment

I looked up 30x90 cm on wikipedia. Scaled down to 640 pixels, it becomes 213x640.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm gonna do more, of course. Post up some rad ideas if you have any.

Comment

I believe the Koi signifies perseverance, as it apparently swims upstream a lot. A little spoil sport comment: it would be really expensive to have that
                    design printed in any sort of usable ( washable) quality. Carry on the good
                    work.

best regards

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin S.
                      I believe the Koi signifies perseverance, as it apparently swims upstream a lot. A little spoil sport comment: it would be really expensive to have that
                      design printed in any sort of usable ( washable) quality. Carry on the good
                      work.

best regards

Martin
                      Hahahaha. Tell me about it.

Comment

Beautiful, you did that all by yourself, cool!!! Love the japanese garden thing it has the drawing.

Comment

add some

nice looking

bamboo

Comment

I'm finally back home from vacation. Back to photoshop, anyway.

Here's another:

I hope to god the japanese makes sense. It's supposed to be something like, "Like Flowing Water." or "Flow Like Water." If somebody wants to correct anything, then please do, and I'll change it up.

Thanks.

Comment

Anybody?

My next one is going to be tree-themed. Anyone care to provide Kanji for that or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X