Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9k7geX-Fqk

no earthly idea, friend.

Comment

The show is called Kakuto Underground and it's presented by Masashi Tashiro & Norika Fujiwara (The guys in the explorer suits). Think that Masashi Tashiro is in jail at the minute for sinister bathroom video ninja activities but am not sure.
      The art that they are exploring is called Zento-Do with Sensei Ryumon Yamato.
      Apart from that I don't have a clue but looks like fun except the nearly getting skewered bit. I believe in Yorkshire they have a similar art that involves whacking each other with black puddings instead of those sausage on sticks things.

Comment

looks like low budget...

Film, by some guys that have no clue about what they are doing.

Comment

Bit more Zento-do info:
          It was founded by Ryumon Yamato 8th dan Iaido and is from an Iaido base although it looks like it has more in common with sports chambara.
          Yamato's Father was 7th Dan Kyoshi in Kendo.
          That is about all i can find on it.

The internet is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Thanks, Rookie.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpJkUB50_8
              from the same show

Comment

there are plenty of McDojos in Japan as well as the West. Especially for 'koryu'-styled stuff. This is just one of them.

Comment

Isn't the lady in the Safari suit one of the actresses from GTO?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeMcCall
                    there are plenty of McDojos in Japan as well as the West. Especially for 'koryu'-styled stuff. This is just one of them.
                    Why does this surprise me? I think I expected better from the Japanese not to go all egotistical and commercial like we do here...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Hellsing
                      Is that Chida sensei from Yoshinkan Aikido? Or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK
                        Why does this surprise me? I think I expected better from the Japanese not to go all egotistical and commercial like we do here...
                        Why would the Japanese be any different???

Comment

Originally posted by lucy
                          Is that Chida sensei from Yoshinkan Aikido? Or someone else?
                          I would assume so. It reads Yoshinkan Aikido at the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by xvikingx
                            I would assume so. It reads Yoshinkan Aikido at the entrance.
                            I know it's off topic, but thanks a lot. I'm fascinated by Yoshinkan Aikido since I read "Angry White Pyjamas"... And to see one of the instructors then, especially those bits where one fights off several guys... Just like the guy described it in his book.

Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy
                              "Angry White Pyjamas"...
                              Sounds interesting. Do tell.

*EDIT: Actually PM me. I don't want to lead the thread further astray.
                              Last edited by xvikingx; 22nd July 2006, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X