X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokushin Itto Ryu (nihon kobudo series) on "Youku"

Youku.com seems to be an asian equivelant of YouTube and the other day I found that someone had uploaded the entire Hokushin Itto Ryu episode (20 mins) of the "Nihon Kobudo series".

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f1939525o1p4.html

I dont know how long it'll be online since the uploader prolly did not have permission to upload the full video, but hopefully they aren't as strict as YouTube are these days. The episode is definitely a treat.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this clip. It is definitely a historic gem. I'd been reading "The Heart of Kendo" and it is the first time I've ever seen Hokushin Itto Ryu before.

Funky kote too

Comment

Thanks for the Link, very interesting clip indeed. Knowing some Ono-Ha itto Ryu Kata, i found the comparison between the Katas especially interesting.

@rcheung135: The Kote are called Onigote, roughly translated as "daemon gloves". They are used to allow the Student to execute cuts to the teachers wrist at full strength.

Comment

There is a good photo of onigote on Chiba Budogu's site.

Comment

One school, (I think it was Maniwa Nen-ryu), has some really funky head protection..Cant find a photo of it though..:P

Comment

Originally posted by Fred27 View Post
            One school, (I think it was Maniwa Nen-ryu), has some really funky head protection..Cant find a photo of it though..:P
            Sorry for the thread necromancy... but I found that elusive photo, Fred! Check it out! And by the way, the rest of patternghosts' set is also worth looking at (nice picture of Araki Ryu nagamaki, among others)

Comment

Yep! I've been a subscriber of his photos for awhile now

Thanks for the digup!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred27 View Post
                Yep! I've been a subscriber of his photos for awhile now

Thanks for the digup!
                You're welcome. And yes, I saw your comments on some of his photos (the conch blowers' one is nice ), that's why I thought that that was the particular picture you were thinking of. My comments were more directed to all the lurkers around...

Comment

Working...
                X