Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teramoto vs. Takanabe thing, but more indepth

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=pqJPXlMBcfs

Here's a more indepth video. It's acutally got both Teramoto and Takanabe in person for an interview.

Now all I need is a translation. (the video is not in English, Japanese or Korean...)

The interview is about the aiuchi and why Teramoto got the point.
    (The language is German)

Here's the dialog:
    Teramoto: "If you wait for his attack and hit then, he will always hit first. So you have to attack first before he does. You have to take the initiative and forestall his attack."
    (Then the moderation goes on: Teramoto lowers his kensen before every dou-attack. After some of those dou-attacks Takanabe points his kensen to the right, protecting his dou, when he sees that Teramoto lowers his kensen for dou. Then the moment before the aiuchi is shown.)
    Takanabe: "He seem's to attack from below, he prepare's a nuki-dou."
    (Takanabe points his kensen to the right, protecting his dou)
    Teramoto: "I saw him in that posture. I realized that he went into a defensive posture for one moment. In that moment I must have acted unconsciously. In a reflex I must have thought that in that posture I could hit him with a men, much more probably than with a dou."

It seems from the moderation that Teramoto got the point because he hit 0.009s earlier, but I think he got the point because he took the initiative and Takanabe only reacted.

Comment

sweet, thanks man!

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Well, the video is actually in German.

It seems to have been part of a German-French co-production of ARTE, a documentary about sports where the winner is decided within fractions of seconds. Have not seen the original unfortunately.

The difference in strike instants was only 0.009 sec according to the ultra slow motion.

Takanabe is said to have the fastest Men strike in all of Japan. He gets the first Men point in the match. The second Men goes to Teramoto due to the accuracy and fluency of his strike.
          The deciding strikes are simultaneous for the judges, however Teramoto is awarded the point because he dominated and directed the final showdown. The slow-motion proves, that he was also actually the first to hit.

Teramoto says that he saw how Takanabe reacted to his Do strikes by lowering his Shinai and moving it to the right throughout the match. He feints a Do attempt and lures Takanabe to try a Nuki-Do. Raising his shinai abruptly again Teramoto then uses the brief almost defensive seeming posture of his opponent to strike Men. However, Takanabe instantly discovers his intention and counters with his own Men strike displaying his incredible reaction speed.

Teramoto comments: If you wait for Takanabe to strike he is always faster, so in order to win it is important to start striking first. Taking the initiative is the key to winning against Takanabe.

Well, that roughly sums it up. Hope it is what you were looking for

-------

was too slow ...
          Last edited by Satomi; 27th August 2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I have this strange feeling of dj vu...

Thanks to both of you for the translation, though

Comment

That Kirikaishi at the end of the video is so beautiful !!!

Comment

awesome vid, wish it was in english tho >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Satomi View Post
                  Well, the video is actually in German.

It seems to have been part of a German-French co-production of ARTE, a documentary about sports where the winner is decided within fractions of seconds. Have not seen the original unfortunately.
                  Probably ARTE used an NHK original documentary, because I saw this in Japan in May. I think it might have been a bit longer even. The interviews with Teramoto and Takanabe seemed longer as I recall (however, since my Japanese is so poor I couldn't quite understand what they were saying so maybe my memory is playing tricks on me...)

Comment

While we are at it, I have a few Rammstein songs I would like translated...

Jokes aside, the controversy around this ippon really is testament that the 'fastest' gun isn't necessarily the 'best'...even in a shiai situation. If your heart and mind are in the right place and you have trained diligently you can be victorious in shiai against that guy/girl who is that little bit faster than you....I find this really refreshing and I find Teramoto very inspiring due to not only this but the fact that he is such a long time campaigner and so graceful in victory. I was there that day and I had Takanabe pegged to win because he was so strong in all his matches leading up to the final.

Comment

Hello, can any German speaker help me with few sentences?

At 6:08 Teramoto says (well he doesn't actually say this, but is dubbed with this): Wenn man auf seinen Angriff wartet und dann zuchlgt, trifft er immer zuerst. Man muss also selbst angreifen bevor er ist tut (?). Man muss die Initiativ ergreifen und seinen Angif vorwegnehmen. (there are most likely some mistakes in my transcription, sorry for that)

What would be the most accurate translation to English? I have some idea, but I am not certain.

Vielen dank!

BTW I like this document, nice find JoonShik!
                      Last edited by Mr.Tvola; 1st September 2008, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tvola View Post
                        At 6:08 Teramoto says (well he doesn't actually say this, but is dubbed with this): Wenn man auf seinen Angriff wartet und dann zuchlgt, trifft er immer zuerst. Man muss also selbst angreifen bevor er ist tut (?). Man muss die Initiativ ergreifen und seinen Angiff vorwegnehmen. ...

ne0r translated it quite well above:

Originally posted by ne0r
                        Teramoto: "If you wait for his attack and hit then, he will always hit first. So you have to attack first before he does. You have to take the initiative and forestall his attack."...

Comment

Oh, great, this seems perfect. Thank you, I must have overlooked it before.

Comment

Here is a shorter version of that video , but in Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                            X