X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario provincial competition

I gave Sempai Teser approximately 300 photos, so if you want the photos from the event I suggest you ask her.

I would post them here, but no file compression in the world would help with their bandwidth devouring nature.

Results as far as I remember -

Team #1 was "Anti-Team Canada", basically the development team. #2 was "Team Canada Old Boys", iirc that was Raymond, Davidson, Ariga, Kamata (sr) and Tsumura. #3 was current Team Canada members and Detroit.

3+ dan winner was Taro Ariga, #2 was Shigemitsu Kamata, #3 was Matthew Raymond and ... sorry forget the other one.

1-2 dan winner and second were both from Jungko, can't recall the names.

Women - winner was Kate Sylvester, second was Junko Ariyama.

Comment

Who was part of the anti-team canada?

Comment

Thanks, everyone! That was my first tournament, and it was a great experience. I can't wait until Detroit or Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post

Team #1 was "Anti-Team Canada", basically the development team. #2 was "Team Canada Old Boys", iirc that was Raymond, Davidson, Ariga, Kamata (sr) and Tsumura. #3 was current Team Canada members and Detroit.

3+ dan winner was Taro Ariga, #2 was Shigemitsu Kamata, #3 was Matthew Raymond and ... sorry forget the other one.

Women - winner was Kate Sylvester, second was Junko Ariyama.
          as in kate sylvester from australia?

Comment

Yep, same Kate. She's going to school here, I think she's at Western? Didn't get a chance to talk to her. Nice kendo. People were saying she's the Australian national women's champ? She took a clear degote off of Ariyama about halfway through and held on to that for the win.

The only anti-TC guy I knew was Kyle Lee.
            Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 23rd November 2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I had alot of fun at the tournament, bought myself a new shinai.

I was suprised the JCCC team lost to detroit, oh well. As for the Team Canada vs Anti Team Canada, I thought that was a rather funny turn of events.

Comment

I think Ariga-Sensei got one of his own ebogu shinais for winning the individual sandan and up! Lol

Comment

My mates and I were joking about Anti-Team Canada's potential team crest :V
                  If I had a choice for a team name, it would have to be "The New Ghostbusters".

My first experience with this particular tournament (sans the intercollegiate one in October) and I can say, the smell aside I was pretty impressed. Nobody from our club advanced very far, and we didn't do so well in the team division D: Oh well, gives us something to work towards.

Btw, what app were they using for the standings tree? I could see some flowchart icons but I couldn't make out the stuff at the top.

Comment

I think one of my favourite matches of the day was Tsumura vs. Sheridan from Forest City Kendo. Anyone catch that!?

Comment

Originally posted by braxtonhicks View Post
                      I think one of my favourite matches of the day was Tsumura vs. Sheridan from Forest City Kendo. Anyone catch that!?
                      What court did it occur on?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWanderingEye View Post
                        What court did it occur on?
                        Court B. It was during the team matches I think. Sheridan is the really big dude from Forest City Kendo, and Tsumura Sensei is pretty small!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWanderingEye View Post
                          Btw, what app were they using for the standings tree? I could see some flowchart icons but I couldn't make out the stuff at the top.
                          I'll ask Teser, but I think it was just a plain old drawing program like Visio, with the ladders saved as drawings, and the results just filled in as text in the text boxes as they happened.

Comment

Anti-team Canada was Kyle Lee, Ryo Yasamura, Eric Jung, Yoichi Kumagai, and Jin Whan Lee. Where were you Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post

1st: Jaeyoon Kim
                              2nd: S. H. (Kevin) Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X